2007 V8 Performance Mods?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be a lot of performance mods for the 2007 V8; Magnaflow single-exit system, K&N air filter, Bamachips X-cal, and a modded TB from ZabTeck. Is that all there is available as far as performance goes right now? BTW, www.zabteck.com appears to be down, at least from here.

The service manager at a local dealer told me that the ST was identical to the Explorer from the cab forward. Can anyone confirm this and if the mapping is identical as well?

Thanks in advance and I did search the site for the answers but couldn't come up with any more than what I listed here.

The explorer and St and Mountaineer are 100% the same.....

My site is working fine from here....

I am working on larger MAF's as we speak... This will be an open filter setup with MAF, filter and TB combo, and IT may even include a tune from Doug as a Complete package !!!

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
The Zabteck Performance website works for me as well.......

I can personally vouche for Todd Z's modified TB on my 07 V8 ST. If you don't do anything else (X-Cal, Magnaflow, etc.) DO THE MODDED TB! You won't regret it........

Is the K&N filter for the '07 really a performance mod.? Does it permit a less restricted airflow than the factory filter or is it just a less expensive alternative. (If it is less expensive, I haven't checked.)

It must be a problem at my work since the site works fine at home.

I will probably be doing the TB and the exhaust, with custom pipework from the muffler back, at the same time. Has anyone tried cutting the tube going into the airbox shorter? I know it's supposed to baffle but I'd be interested to know if allowed better airflow.

I don't consider the K&N as really being a mod. I did notice a slight increase in responsiveness but no dyno to compare power output. It is less restrictive than the factory but not less expensive; it's about $60 but can be washed and reused. It also has a 1 million mile warranty.

There is a KKM intake that replaces the stock Air box with an aluminum MAF ( which is the SAME STOCK SIZE) and open air filter...

I am working On a kit that will have the same filter but with a LARGER maf for performance and MPG....

Also cutting the air horn on the 07 is NOT a good thing. IT grabs the cold air from the grill.

Todd Z

That would be another good product. Can't wait to see the results!

I didn't mean cutting anything in the engine compartment but the piece of the air horn that is actually in the air box is half the length inside it. What would cutting 3/4 of it off do? I know the length is primarily used as a baffle to reduce intake noise.

That's not why. It's because the air enters the front of the box. It's designed to spread the air flow evenly across the filter.

on the inside cut away !!!!!!!!!!!!!

But just be carefull....

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
no, you will just disturb the equalization through the air filter...

Latest posts