2007 rear window retro fit??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd D

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, My old 2001 is getting tired at 288,000 very hard klicks, Im having a hard time parting with her, but have recently had my eye on 3 separate 2007,s locally.

All are V8 limited's, but only one has the rear slide down window like my 01, as I understand it the early builds didnt have it, but some of the later 07,s did.

My question is....why, is the wiring in the EB,s making a retro fit possible or was the window just a after thought.

Just trying to figure out everything before I commit to jumping up, I already have my eye on the truxxx lift and larger BFG,s, and yes I know I could also just buy and 08

Thanks, Todd

No one has Tried that I know of........ the body and roof is the same, So it should work, But you could always just wire it on a different switch... I know factory look is better But i doubt the wiring is there...

Todd Z

Ahh, it was a option, so the wiring is likely there. As you say easy enough to wire up. Just wondered if it could be done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Todd...I went through this same exercise about a month ago. Stumbled on a 2007 at a good price to replace my 2001 with 234,000. Also like you it was hard to give up the old trac.

I didn't get the 2007 solely because of the rear window. The dealership bent over backwards trying to get one installed. The truck did not have the wiring so to install the factory window would have cost something over 2 grand between all the parts and labor. They located a company that would install an aftermarket power window that slides sideways instead of up and down for $900.

I thought long and hard about it and ultimately declined the truck becuase I wasn't willing to take a chance on the aftermarket solution.

Glad I did becuase a few days later I found a 2008 V8 4x4 with less mileage, and of course the power rear window.

What the heck was Ford thinking that caused them to delete this as a standard option for such a limited production run??? Weird, but I'm sure there's an explanation that must have made sense to somebody somewhere.

Steve

Steve,

They did it to get the 5 Star roll over crash ratting and then added the rear window on the Job 2.

just like the door pulls inside the truck were left off on the job1 for the 5 star crash side impact.

Todd Z

Todd...I went through this same exercise about a month ago. Stumbled on a 2007 at a good price to replace my 2001 with 234,000. Also like you it was hard to give up the old trac.

Hey Steve, nice to know someone else had the same dellema as me. A couple have popped up with the window as well. Im outta here for a week of snowmobiling so I have some time to mull it over.

DOOR PULLS!!!!, ok whats this about door pulls now, Im so out of the loop. I thought the doors looked kinda funny in the pic.s, how the heck to you get out, lol

Todd

I know I'm an odd-ball but I wish MY Gen 1 DIDN'T have a power rear window. I've had no trouble with it but I just have no use for a slider ....... or a leaking sunroof!

Todd Z: Thanks for the explanation. I figured there hads to be one. So they got the 5-star and then just reverted back to what they originally had??? Good grief!

I like the rear window principally becuase I travel a lot with my three labs who ride in the cab so when I step out I'm able to put the back window all the way down and they get plenty of air. I have a cap on it so they can't jump through it (not that they would...they know what a good deal they've got with me. By the way, my dogs aren't spoiled...I'm just well trained!!!).

Steve

Latest posts