2007 MP3 Player

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William Washington

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the MP3 capability on the 2007 ST Audio systen is the kind that allows you to plug in a player like an IPOD, or is it only the almost usless ability to just play MP3 recorded disks?

Thanx!

I think it's just the latter (no aux on the front panel).

But as for "only the almost usless ability to just play MP3 recorded disks" all I can can is I wish my 04 supported that. With about 200 MP3s on a single disc, that's a lot of traveling music.

TJR

I believe the FoMoCo ST guys that contribute to this site (R and TracMan) said that plug-in MP3 player capability is supposed to be a late availability option along with the Power-Down Back Light (Rear Window) option, coming later this summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually the input setup is only the type like using an FM modulator right now, EVEN with the navigation system.. The input jack is later on more like 08..

Todd Z

That just bites if that how it is going to be. In NYC it is very hard to find an empty station to use an iTrip on. You cant hold a station for crap so I ended up going with the cassette adapter. But in the '07 there is no tape player with the standard or audiophile option on the Limited.

Whats the big deal with having a jack to plug in and external audio source? Wake up Ford!

Today, I tried to use the PIE FRD04-AUX on the '07 ST with MP3 6CD and it doesn't work. You can press AUX and it goes to AUX for about 10 seconds and then goes back to AM/FM. Aparently, this is similar on '06 Explorers. On the PIE forum, I offered to try new firmware, if they have it available. The audio quality was superb, but it wouldn't stay on for more than 10 seconds. :-(

The AUX button is used to get into SDARS mode, depending on the unit it may or may not be set up for an external SDARS module depending on ACP or MSCAN interface.

:)

SDARS = Satellite Digital Audio Radio Subsystem (fancy acronym for sat radio)

ACP or MSCAN = radio architecture protocol

Bluetooth is so simple to work through the Ford systems. You purchase the T harness through Ford and connect your Bluetooth kit to it and it mutes the front speakers and hear the phone through the rear set and you run the mic to a convenient location and you are all set. I have the Parrot system in my '03 Trac and love it. The radio displays CALL in the readout and mutes the radio, stops the tape/CD until you are off the call.:D

The Ford Bluetooth kit is TOO expensive and it has no display to it. The Parrot CK3100 kit can be had through the internet for half the price and they get awesome reviews. Check them out at this link. They can be bought through many online retailers and do a search for T-harnesses too. You may need one out of the UK since handsfree kits in cars are much more popular in Europe than here, but cheap to have one sent across "the pond" to you.

Last edited by a moderator: