2007-2008 4.6L Performance Upgrades

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just did the Magnaflow exhaust. +10hp and +10lb. ft. of torque according to Magnaflow. Certainly not in the league of a supercharger, but it sure sounds nice!

Pulleyes, Intake, Throttle body, coil packs, Belt, exhaust, SCT flasher...

No SC as of yet...

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
There are superchargers for the 4.6, but you would need to mod them some to work/fit correctly. Look to the Mustang 4.6 3V and you can get all kinds of ideas. Most will require a tune and if you are going that far, I would make sure there is a shop locally you can tune from a dyno...

and rob, Why is there no turbo kit on my st then ??? huh ????

:D:D

Todd Z

Blake, I have a few mods on my 4x4 V8 and have been pleasantly surprised with the truck's performance. Having said that, I recently E-mailed JDM Engineering to see if they were planning an SC kit for our trucks. Here was their reply:

"The only thing i can see is us fitting a Saleen supercharger to it. That would be some custom work but for the most part its the same as a mustang! We are up for it if you are!"

So there you go Blake. If you want to be the guinea pig let us know how it turns out! :D

Seriously though, when I talked to Jim D'Amore (who is the owner of JDM Engineering) last summer at the Norwalk Fun Ford Weekend he told me the main stumbling block was the 6-speed automatic. Something about not being able to get the programming codes from Ford yet. Not sure what that has to do with installing a Supercharger but my guess is they wanted to reprogram the transmission to handle the increased power. According to their website the Mustang GT 4.6 3V kits have made 430 hp at the wheels.

Latest posts