2005 Windows and instrument panel

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello.. I am 63. An old disabled woman with very little income. I have a 2005 sport Trac and no one to help me with it. It is making me crazy... I need to know where I can post my questions about what to do, and what it is doing. It has to do with windows and none of the gauges working. Thank you very much!!
Lori
So it is a 2005 Sport Trac XLT (i believe) All of this started happening the first time that it was stolen. When I would go to drive, all of a sudden I would lose all the gauges. As the truck warmed up, then they would come back, only to go back and forth at will. I started having window issues then as well. They would all come down, but occasionally not come back up. If I continued repeatedly hitting the up button, it would eventually work. The gauges continued to be intermittent as well as the windows. I have no clue about the radio because I no longer have one. Now none of the windows will go up or down, and the dashboard is still. I have blinkers and headlights, but only if I turn them towards the right. The 4 wheel drive does not engage. My seat belt no longer dings, I guess that is the only good thing. I am praying that this could be a simple fix, but I am probably wrong. Thank you anyone with ideas or knowledge... lori

Assuming you can not do any work on it yourself?
Only option is to find a friend or local mechanic who is good at electrical troubleshooting & repair. Thieves can do some serious expensive damage.

if i knew where to start, I would. Unfortunately, I have no friends or family, and I believe that a shop would simply charge unbelievable and outrageous prices.
It was my hope that other people have had this issue and might be able to narrow it down for me. For instance the blue wire in the door jamb, the blue plug in the control panel, btw, where is the control panel? Is there a switch or a relay or fuse or something that would control all of these things, and by going out slowly it could make things not work intermittently until finally failing? I can check some things, if I know where to check, I simply have no clue where to start.
Thank you in advance... lori

Is it just the main window switch having issues? possible the main window switch is bad as this is more common from drivers window being down over years in drive thrus and more wear and tear, if any other windows work its possible, they will usually go down but going back up not so much, if this is the case as with mine then the main switch, and very easy to change out and not to pricey, if its as they mentioned then its more challenging finding the gremlin. dash clusters could be in ignition if they popped it when stolen, try wiggling key when running and see if it makes them work. might get lucky trying this out and its free to try.

How do i look to see what CBM issue was/is?
The windows, front passenger was the main one.. then would finally never come back up.. drivers side same thing most recently, but none of the windows, including sunroof or back work at all, and no sound of a motor. Door locks sometimes works. Generally always unlock , but lock not so much.

I would contact CBM before doing anything. Describe your issues and listen to what they have to say. 2004-05 clusters with digital odometers are known to cause all kinds of problems because so many things are connected to them. I've been lucky and only had two temporary "glitches" that went back to normal after a short time. Interested to hear what CBM has to say. Good luck!

Sounds like the typical cluster issue...

Latest posts