2005 Ford Exlploer Sprt Trac - Steering Column Trim Panel retainer clip

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bburgin

Reaction score
Where can I buy the two clips which are made of metal and thread on the top studs of the steering column trim panel on the top back side. I have attached a photograph of a panel for sale on ebay with the clips.
I don't need the whole panel just the retainer clips

Screenshot_20230814_154354.png

Should be a molded in part number on the back side of the panel. I'd try just googling that number & find a matching color or another color then scavenge the hardware .

Try your local parts store, they usually have a good supply of retainers for many car lines. You may find something that works.

Should be a molded in part number on the back side of the panel. I'd try just googling that number & find a matching color or another color then scavenge the hardware .
Those are all engineering numbers, Nothing crosses to an actual part number any more.... Sucks...

That photo is small..... Most clips are not sold separately and have to had aftermarket that are "Close" or a junk yard.

Those are all engineering numbers, Nothing crosses to an actual part number any more.... Sucks...
True but these kind of parts do pop up on the "bay" occasionally with the mold number.

Look for a company called AUVECO they have lots of clips. Your clips also look a lot like the dash clips for mid 90s Ford P/U, top side of the cluster bezel. Don't know if that will help.

Look at this YouTube video. this guy is repairing a dash and you get a good shot of the Bronco / P/U clips. I think he said in one of his videos he had the clips for sale.

Latest posts