2002 sport trac xlt

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo Flash

Reaction score
2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/cto/5409061312.html

condition: excellent

cylinders: 6 cylinders

drive: rwd

fuel: gas

odometer: 109000

paint color: silver

size: mid-size

title status: clean

transmission: automatic

type: pickup

Virtually fully redone Silver 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT. Family owned vehicle since initial purchase; no accidents or flood/water damage. All work done or parts replaced have been high-quality and are meant to last. Overall, runs great and needs no work done; any issues typically anticipated with this type of vehicle have been addressed and almost everything on the vehicle has been either updated or replaced. All work was performed at same shop to maintain integrity and quality. Binder of receipts for all parts/work performed and all Ford/stock parts will come with purchase. Asking $8000 obo. Willing to negotiate, MUST SELL!

ENGINE DRIVETRAIN

-New 4.0 V6 SOHC motor

-Magnaflow exhaust

-K&N intake

-C&L mass air meter

-Zabteck 66m throttle body

-Screamin' demon coil pack

-Screamin' demon live wires

-Motorcraft spark plugs

-New water pump

-New thermostat

-New clutch fan

-New radiator

-Power steering flush

-New brake master cylinder

-New engine mounts

TRANSMISSION

-New transmission

-Transgo Shift Kit

-New transmission shift cable

-New transmission shift tube and bushings

-New transmission mounts

SUSPENSION

-Lowered (3" front, 4" rear)

-New front & rear suspension

-New upper & lower control arms

-New ball joints

-Inner and outer tierod ends

-New front Monroe shocks

-New rear Monroe Sensitrac load-adjusting shocks

-New leaf spring bushings

-New ceramic brake pads

-New brake rotors

-New brake shoes

-New torsion keys

-New torsion bars

-Rebuilt leaf springs

-4-wheel alignment

WHEELS & TIRES

-17" craiger soft 8 wheels

-New tires

EXTERIOR

-Lund Avenger bug deflector

-AVS window visors

-Black headlights with HID kit

-Black fog lights with HID kit

-Freshly painted bumpers

-Tinted windshield

-New front windshield

-OEM Ford mudflaps

-OEM roof rack cross bar

-OEM toneau folding/locking bed cover

-Bed klet deletes

INTERIOR

-New headliner

-New sunroof shade

-New OEM floor mats

-Restored driver's seat

-New armrest

-Dynamat doors

-Power sliding rear window and sunroof

-LED Conversion

-New steering wheel

-New radio bezel with auxiliary lighting painted to match

-Rear entertainment center with A/C controls

ELECTRICAL/AUDIO

-New Kenwood Bluetooth DVD player

-JVC door speakers

-Scan Gauge II

-New battery

-New alternator

-10" subwoofer Rockford Fosgate with Rhino lined box

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of items that come to mind.

Why does it claim to have a new motor and new transmission? And new almost everything else?

Why was any (or all) of that necessary?

Why did it need all that work?

And now they want $8000 and 'must sell'?

I was unaware of any 'XLT' package for the 2002 year model year. I have an '02 (which I bought new) and I thought they had things called something like a 'Premium Package'.

I think I would be very cautious about this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
The original motor like most thre the cam gear out of the valve cover. So I bought a new one.

Transmission started to have the common flare issue and was due for a rebuild around 100k. Again I purchased a new one.

Both purchased from LkQ new with receipts provided.

Same local business that's been here in New Orleans for almost 40 years did the entire job. If a part failed or needed to be replaced I did it.

This originally was my mother that I purchased for her new. After the motor issue I bought her a Honda Fit. This truck became my little project. I did everything that was common or prone to becoming an issue. Most of the common things I also have several NEW replacements, arm rest covers and such.

But among this and my other three cars this one needs to go.

I plan to finish my Lexus ISF with the money from selling this truck.

To my understanding this is called an xlt as it is only kissing leather and 4x4. It has EVERY other factory item available. Minus the super rare can wing.

Bon did you have any intention to buy my truck or pass the word around, or are you trying to prove something that I can easily disprove. I appreciate the comments and hope my answers will help to clear any questions.

Uncle_Bob, Beau is selling this truck, not thinking of buying.

As far as it being an XLT, probably not. According to the sales lit, the different models for 2002 were

Value - which had very few options

Choice - which included the 5 spd auto and the Convenience Group (auto-lock/relock, keyless entry, leather-wrapped steering wheel, cruise control, and tilt wheel) and more options available options

Premium - which came with the Comfort Group (6-way power driver seat, low back seats with adjustable headrests, high series full console with rear heat controls, overhead console) and Premium Sport Group (bright cast aluminum wheels, 255/70R16 tires, fog lamps, tow hooks, side step bars) and a longer list of available options.

My '02 is a Value as it has no options except the auto trans and 4X4. By this list my '01 is a Premium (except it appears they didn't have the option groups yet in 2001) as it has/had almost all available options. Some have been removed over the years, but I think leather seats are the only option it didn't have.

I did some quick looking on google and found that mid year of 2002 they changed that to include xlt labels. Regardless this truck has all of the options of the "premium" package minus the leather seats. I'll happily provide the vin to any perspective buyer and will run it on ford to list all of the things it came with from the factory/dealer.

Thanks

I was thinking by 2003 they came as XLTs, etc, but also thought that might have been a mid-year change in 2002. That's why I said "according to the sales lit.."

It tends to be a bit screwy, for arguments sake I'll remove it to clear the air.

Other then the trim level, dose it at least look decent :)

Thanks, I'm still finding things and parts I've yet to list and cover. I honestly didn't realize until I typed it all up how much was dumped into this truck

Latest posts