2002 headlights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Would anyone happen to know why there's no projector style or clear corner style headlight assemblies for an 02 sport Trac? I've found many aftermarket projector assemblies with daytime running lights, Halo's and everything else but they all state they fit explorer and do not fit sport or sport Trac models. Does anyone know why or how to make them fit? I know I can retrofit, but I have a 6 year old boy and a 5 month old boy so my time is seriously limited therefore I'd much prefer buying a set of lights to install rather than build my own. Help Please. Also any information on tail lights looking more modern with led rings ECT would be great as well!

Did you happen to look for Explorer Sport lights as well? They will be the same as the ST but not 4 dr Explorer.

Welcome to the site.

Did you happen to look for Explorer Sport lights as well? They will be the same as the ST but not 4 dr Explorer.

Welcome to the site.
Yes they are the same as the sport Trac but I'm trying to figure out what the difference is between the explorer headlights and the sport Trac headlights because they look to be the same or very similar but the sights all say not for sport or sport Trac models.

Clear corners are illegal per DOT.
The truck is 20 years old, they sell no parts for it, they will not make them anymore.
many people have modified projectors.

Yes they are the same as the sport Trac but I'm trying to figure out what the difference is between the explorer headlights and the sport Trac headlights because they look to be the same or very similar but the sights all say not for sport or sport Trac models.
sport 2 door ( 98-03??) work but 4 door does not.