168,000 miles without one... I'll take it.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy VanNess

Reaction score
Yep, I got my first flat in the Sport Trac. 168,000 miles, 3rd set of tires (2nd set of Revos), 683 posts (I thought I had more) and I finally had to pull a tire off the ST. Not that I was waiting for it, but I thought the streak would never end.

God I love these trucks, and this site. Hope everybody is doing good.

[Broken External Image]:

The culprit

[Broken External Image]:

LOL, won't see this on the thread...:worthless:

Getting a flat caused by a nail or screw, isn't a failure, or fault of the tire.

168K, WOW! The roads were probably wet, as the pic shows. (Lubrication)

Happy Trackin'. :banana:

Last edited by a moderator:
@swshawaii - I know the tire didn't fail, the Revos are great. And yeah, it is another rainy day here in Seattle.

@Mark - looks like it could've been a drywall screw too. Either way, I bet it came from Lowe's. I have a part time job there.

Just got the tire back on the ST. Firestone fixed it for free because I bought the tires there.

:banana::banana::banana:

Keep on Trackin' Y'all.

Tommy

I got my first nail in a tire at less than 1,000 miles! That was over 200,000 miles ago! First time anyone plugged a tire on any vehicle of mine, and I have to admit that it worked for the 100,000 miles I got out of those tires.

i never had a flat either, although i am at 48k miles since i bought my trac. 2 days ago i woke up and my left rear was flat. filled it up, took a look at it, didnt find anything, went to a garage, they couldnt find anything. refilled it and its still holding, guess i just lost the seal or something.

Looks like you had to change it in the rain. That sux..

My recent X got more flats during, 18yr marrige. Than I have in 45yrs of driving. Always on the right side. At least 3 per year. Her tires were always scuffed on that side. I think she must have drove too close to the shoulder..LOL

The only flats that I get are on my bike :smile0015:

I am more impressed that you ST has 168K ! :banana: My 02 just crossed 92k and runs like a top. I'll be PUMPED to get another 20-30, no less 60 !

The only flats that I get are on my bike

ditto!

Although I ran over a nail last year on my way home. I made it home before I realized how badly the truck was leaning, so I rushed to the closest gas station, filled up the tire a bit and drove it directly to the garage - no problem and not stranded :banana::banana:

I have the Bridgestone Dueler Alenza's and though they have never gone flat, when I took the ST in for a rotation a couple of weeks ago they found nails in two different tires. One tire had to be replaced because the nail was to close to the exterior wall for them to patch. Luckily I had road hazard insurance. I do love my Alenza's. Lots of tread even after over 40k. Stupid oem Michelins were worn out at 30k.

I put 100K on my '01 with out a flat and 24K on the '08 addrenalin until I was driving to Florida last November when I got to Georgia about midnight. I ran over something in the road that I barely noticed or felt. About 5 minutes later the low tire indicator came on and I could not pull over quick enough before loosing a rear tire. I95 is not a fun place to change a tire in the dark. :smile0003: I guess alot of luck is involved with getting flats.

The trac handled great when the tire went flat! :smile0011:

The tire was destroyed and I had an unexpected expense added to vacation.