14.00 @ 99.35

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chargedtrac

Reaction score
Well, I went for it last night at the track. Ran what I had. Didn't shed any weight. 3/4 tank of fuel, left the tonneau cover on, the heavier Adrenalin wheels and Adrenalin spare. Only did two full runs and regret not doing a third. I will be giving it another try, cause I think a very high 13 is within reach. I hope to post an in-truck video I took using a shoe string to strap my cell phone to the passenger side head rest. It came out pretty good considering.

The vimeo video (my son shot) may take a little bit to load.

Here are the two time slips and then the vimeo link for my second run. It was a blast!

Hopefully I can get the link posting worked out here...

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice run for a heavy beast... What do you have done on your trac along with the Blower? How much boost and HP are you making? Best I ran with my stock 2006 Mustang GT was a 13.4@106 I started with 14's at 99 on the stock tires, so nice runs!

Thanks WarpdSpazm. Please check out my Profile and website for a list of my other mods. Boost is around 7, though last night I had my undivided attention to the track during my runs and didn't glance at the boost gauge. HP and Torque at the crank would be a guesstimate... At the wheels, dyno #s I got from May 2010 are around 365hp/353tq if I recall correctly. Just glad I could drive the truck home. :grin:

It's odd that your reaction time was much faster on the second run, but your ET and speed are nearly identical to the first run?

...Rich

Rich,

I guess I thought that the reaction-time counter begins when the last amber light flashes on the tree and stops when the vehicle clears the stage beam. If the elapsed time is the time it takes to trip the starting line beam and ends at the finish line, then the two things are kind of mutually exclusive I think. Don't know if that helps explain that difference and similarity between the runs you noticed?

Joe

I wonder if your tran performed differently during the two runs. Mine does that sometimes. Sometimes it shifts from 1st to second way early and other times it holds until redline. Without Torrie's trans tune....it was always launching and shifting right after launch. It was really annoying.

If you could get the tran to shift better I bet you could shave off some serious time. There was a big delay in the 1st to second shift. I have the same problem just less obvious due to my inferior power output compared to your SST.

chargedtrac,

I think the reaction times is counted from the moment the light turns geen until the tire breaks the staging beam. Drag racers often creep up on the front staging light until it flickers, even though it's only about 1" closer to the finish line..:grin:

I am not sure if the reaction time is counted as part of the ET or if you are clocked starting when the vehicle breaks the staging beam? If that were the case, then red-lighting (Leaving early) should not matter since it's ony the ET from staging light to finish line that counts?

...Rich

Rich,

I was comfirming my limited understanding from the nhra website...

http://www.nhra.net/basics/glossary.html

The reaction-time counter begins when the last amber light flashes on the Tree and stops when the vehicle clears the stage beam. As drag racing is usually a race between two vehicles, the vehicle that red-lights is disqualified and the ET is not counted. I believe the 1" closer you mention with the staging light flickering is referred to as a deep stage. Even though I was there for a timed run, I'm glad I didn't red light, as I don't think the time slip calulates or prints out an ET, if my memory serves me right from years gone by. The runs were legit, I'm happy, and that's what I'm going with. :supercool:

Carey,

Torrie adjusted my 1-2 shift since you drove my truck, and it was in the tune I used last night. It helped a bunch. I need to get back to him to let him know and thank him. The 2-3, and 3-4 could use a little firmness at WOT, though I don't know if that is easily altered. He mentioned the change I had asked him for on the 1-2 for WOT is involved and complex. On the first run I launched brake to gas, and on the second run I preloaded the drive line just a tad. I didn't want to spin the tires. When I got to the track the tires were hot and showed at about 39.2 all around. I decided to drop all 4 to about 35.4, thinking about a balance between launch and rolling resistance... This morning the cold tire pressure from my adjustment last night was about 32.5 per tire. There are a few trains of thought on tire pressure, and whether you are running street tires or slicks, and the vehicle and power available. Last night was pretty much gas and go.

you red lighted the second pass, your reaction time was slow on the first pass it should run a 13.7 on a perfect light . was this your first time at the track . i use to run there alot till i found the one in canada but now i need a pass port or enhanced lic so loooks like i'll be going back down there when my cars done again. great start

paul - where does it indicate that I

red lighted on my second pass? :banghead:

The video is of the second pass. No red light that I see.

thanks gary. please know that your spirited comments a while back helped to motivate me to know I atleast had to make the attempt, regardless of the outcome. i'm glad i did. :haveabeer:

I commented in the video, But you shaved off 2 full seconds, so you should be able to go more !!

Todd Z

Latest posts