108 oct. boost

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teddy GreeneII

Reaction score
So was thinking about this. I figure a lot of the 93 oct tunes are pretty dialed in with all the ones that have been done. So what if I ran some 108 with each fill up? Keep a couple of 16oz bottles in the back so I dont get caught off gaurd, and ran that. Read the lable on the 16 but not sure how much it raises it. If it does work, how much 108 would it take to assure that the 91 that goes in ends up at 93+ for sure? Just an idea, since the revised tunes seem to have mellowed betsy a bit. I know its a little busy of an idea but it seems to me like it makes sence. Just wondering, thanx guys. Any body use this product? Ive had both Wayne and Kenny, my friend recommend it so I thought I'd ask. Shot Wayne an email, I'll see what he thinks also.

Why not have Wayne to retune for the 91 octane for the availible pump gas. With the low compression of todays 87 octane engines you wont see any great performance gain form 91 to 93octane. Buying octane booster gets real expensive. Also some of the chemicals in booster have the properties of solvents. I would not use boosters on a regular basis.

I have '94 mustang gt, with a '94 5.0L cobra motor that has been set up for 91 octane. It runs just fine on 89 octane pump gas. It is all for the fact that it doesnt have the compression of yesterdays motors. I only run booster when I want to clean the fuel system.

Just my opinion...:)

Thanks Eddie, the pony car runs ok on 87? Wayne said that was a big no no, when there was frist a problem, to the point of telling me, if I was running 87 with the 91 tune, run and dump 2 large bottles of 108 in the tank asap. I think maybe i just have to be happy with what I have. It seems like I lost some bite when we had to make those adjustments to kill the evil rattle but maybe it is what it is. Still a big improvement over stock, the shifts alone are worth the tuner. Thanks for your help Eddie.

What I was getting at, can Wayne tune your trac to the 91 octane you get at the pump? What ever is the highest octane at the pumps, where you live That way you wont have to run the octane boosters, on a regular basis.

The pony car is tuned for 91 and runs good on 89.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eddie, the tune came for 91 but that's what we had all the trouble with. I figured since he does the 93 all the time, maybe that would be an option.

Ok, now I get it. Took a little for it to sink in to this old brain.

Hope it all goes smooth from here..:)

The tune was for 91 octane. As I stated before, it is vehicle specific. Ted may actually have a vacuum leak causing the ping, as I have several customers in Cali running on my 91 tunes with no issues at all.