100K Club

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Ellis

Reaction score
Just hit the 100K mile mark this past weekend. I have not had any problems with this truck. Only items replaced are the ones that normally wear out; e.g., brake pads, filters, plugs, tires, etc. My Trac was in the shop one time for a warranty issue way back when. This vehicle is the most reliable one I have ever owned and I've owned cars since 1973. I won't be suprised if it goes another 100K with little or no problems since it still runs and drives like it did when it was new. Actually better, since I put good shocks on it when it was new. Maybe someday I'll buy a new Gen Trac; but not anytime soon.

1994Explorer 230000 (now retired)

1997Mecury Mountaineer 160,000 going strong with a new owner

2004Sport Trac 130,000 Doing great (KNOCK ON WOOD)

2006 Navigator. 47000 Hope to continue the tradition of long and relatively problem free tucking from ford.

Last edited by a moderator:
OH NO Mr. Bill, congrats on the milestone. Shows what a little care and proper feeding can do for you. Maybe I can't see too well, but did you say a tree *ucking from Ford? BC

Gold ST:

there is a reset switch for the rear vent window,

the majority of times, it will fix any problems with it.

btw there is a step by step on how to do this in the FAQ

of this website.

and the reason for the door ajar light, it could be

your lock switch within the door.

Last edited by a moderator:
152k on my 2001.

running great, i had to replace the

thermostat housing, wiring harness

in steering wheel column, which those

two are a common recall, and i had a

cylinder misfire.

My '05 ST will be hitting 100k this summer. I will need new tires before winter and hope to put on front and back shocks, new plugs and wires and have the tranny and coolant flushed and filled. Cold air intake would be nice, but it isn't essential. :driving:

vince,

thats a bit more miles on your ST than average, and it has

been summer as of June 21st lol.

i just got new tires, Hankook Dynapro ATM's 265/70/16.

my plugs are good, did them around 110k.

i do plan and getting the tranny flushed, and new shocks.

im changing over to synthetic oil on my next oil change,

getting nitrogen in my new tires, and buying a K&N cone

shaped filter. just really trying to improve my mpg.

Just traded my 2001 (105,000 miles) in on a 2010 Copperton truck with V8 for towing. Planning on 25,000-30,000 per year as my primary corp. vehicle.

Put the new shocks on this weekend. Garbriel Ultras all the way around. Looks like it sits a bit higher now.:supercool:

Haven't had a chance to go for a decent drive yet. It'll make going to work a bit easier tomorrow...

Latest posts