~ 08 STA Dyno numbers...VIDEO

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Potts

Reaction score
Just left VMP Tuning with the new numbers.

I will post the Dyno charts and videos when I get home....typing this from my iPhone!

**All numbers reflect the already installed following mods: Zabteck TB, Hi-Flow Cat's, Motoblue Power Pulley's, and Flowmaster muffler***

Baseline run....STOCK AIRBOX & STOCK TUNE:

HP = 254

TQ = 244

Nocturnal Perf intake w/93 perf tune (custom tuned for lg MAF)

HP = 266

TQ = 278

we did not get to Dyno all the different combinations I had in mind...but the numbers are better than I was expecting! Got it all on video too, I'll be posting on YouTube later!

I'm happy with the numbers!

Last edited by a moderator:
am I reading this right ??

Stock is Technically

1) exhaust, cat back and front cats,

2) ignition coils

3) Pulleys ??

4) OEM stock tune

And then the Higher numbers is all the above plus an XCAL 93 Tune and your intake with the MAF meter ???

Just checking ?? Because I think you may have hurt the higher numbers with having the other mods on the truck...

10 HP and 30TQ for an intake and tune on a v8 honestly is low...

I think it may have been more with out the other stuff already on the truck...

The 254 seems low since the truck is 295HP and with about %18 loss thats right around 295-298 HP...

Todd Z

Yes "stock baseline" run was done with the TB, pulleys and muffler/hi-flow cats in place.

I put the stock airbox on and the stock tune back in for the baseline Dyno run.

No coils, those were removed 2 months ago when one went bad!

Then on the other run I installed the intake and maf with custom tune

BBR Dyno tested thier stock Trac at HP= 231 & TQ = 221 so my baseline numbers of 254 are not too bad.

oh and by the way .... No problems with the Trac control on the Dyno when holding button for the display to flash then letting go!

It's more than that!

292 stock flywheel

- 20% driveline loss

= 233

that's what BBR got on thier totally stock trac

- 20%

= 266

that's what I got today .... 333 flywheel hp

Not to bad then.....

Would like to see another stock ST numbers so the comparison and all doubt is taken away..

Cool deal..

I wounder IF the boots you have off the coils will fit the 60K SD ones I have here ??? HMMMM

:)

Todd Z

Agreed, not too bad.

Glad to hear you didn't have any unexpected setbacks.

As you mentioned, you are happy with the numbers and ultimately, thats what matters, especially since they were better than you expected.

Although these results (especially with the video) will potentially help sell your intake, I'm sure I'm with most people and wonder what the numbers would have been without your pulleys and cats.

Also, to clarify what you mentioned:

oh and by the way .... No problems with the Trac control on the Dyno when holding button for the display to flash then letting go!

you let go once it started flashing or after it stopped flashing?

JustKevin said:
you let go once it started flashing or after it stopped flashing?

Once it started to flash and did so for approximately 2-3 flashes we let go of the button. We did not get time to test what happened if you held it for the 50 flashes!?

Here is the Graph:

[Broken External Image]:

VIDEOS COMING TOMOROW.... when I can get them uploaded.

FOR COMPARISON my truck to a totally stock STA!

Here is the Blow By Racing Dyno graph from thier STOCK/Stock w/Tune Adrenalin:

<a href="http://ep.yimg.com/ip/I/yhst-14752229404082_2061_84468309">BBR Stock Adrenalin Dyno Graph</a>

Doug I think this is great. We finally have real numbers on this 3V motor. I'm really happy with your torque numbers since I'm a torque wh@&$.

If BBR's run is a baseline stock, then you've added 35 RWHP and 57 RWT, that is definitely impressive and would make a night and day difference on any vehicle.

Another thing I'm noticing is the fact that the temp is 94 degrees and the humidity is probably matching. The A/F ratio is almost a flat line, looks like these guys are pretty good.

You know if you really think about it you have the most powerful documented na STA out there. The only other STA more powerful that I am aware of would be Brenspeeds Blown one.

Good Job! :cool::banana::cool::D

Doug,

How is Justin at VMP doing ???

I thought you were using some other place to do the dyno stuff...

Justin is a good guy, knows his stuff...

Todd Z

Justin actually asked about you too! Said he talked with you a while back about becoming a sponsor!?

I will never go anywhere else for a tune I tell you that! Justin amazes me on that computer with these tunes! He really knows how to tune, in fact he has taught other tuners on the market how to tune!

He is doing good and staying busy with his shop! He's got a really nice setup going there!

Here's the VIDEO:

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B3Al5e_fUIw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B3Al5e_fUIw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

That is pretty cool. Decent numbers but they are lower than I expected. I'd think the 93 Octane tune alone would give you 10hp gain over min octane.

You have to remember that these "Numbers" that everyone is focusing on it peak numbers. Take a look at the mid range on the graph...HUGE differences!

Not to mention that everyone gets hung up on the horsepower.....the torq was +30 gain!

So Doug to clarify your first run was with the pulleys, exhaust, TB...

Now did you use the stock airbox and intake?

The stock airbox and the Noc Perf intake?

Was the tune the factory tune or the original 93 tune before the larger MAF?

What kind of MPG increase did you see if any from the final tune?

Any way you look at it, on the original run without the MAF, Intake and Tune you picked up

23rwhp and 23ft/lbs of torque over stock, not bad at all.

I think it's pretty respectable to pick up an additional 12rwhp and another 34ft/lbs of torque with the MAF and tune.

Picking up a total of 57ft/lbs of torque is great and will definitely change the way these trucks feel.

This motor is naturally aspirated the more gains you get the harder it is to gain more.

Again I say good job Doug. :cool: :banana:

AdrnlnRush said:
So Doug to clarify your first run was with the pulleys, exhaust, TB...

Now did you use the stock airbox and intake?

The stock airbox and the Noc Perf intake?

Was the tune the factory tune or the original 93 tune before the larger MAF?

What kind of MPG increase did you see if any from the final tune?

Yes first run was with the TB, Muffler, pulley's, Cats, and Stock Airbox/tube and stock Tune!

The second tune is same as above but with the addition of the Nocturnal Intake, MAF/Filter pkg...and a 93 oct Tune. Gain in the mid range 4100rpm alone was:

HP +43

TQ +55

my MPG's on the way to the Dyno were 20.6 and on the way home I got 22.1 MPG.

the truck is still running strong and is a BLAST to drive now!!!!

I talked to Justin again and he said he is ready and willing to start the tuner packages for the Sport-Trac's.

We're still working out the details on him selling teh custom tune for the "Dragon" intake MAF/Filter PKG! More to follow on that if anyone is interested in the kit!?

Just wanted to give an update...the truck is still running REALLY strong. The Shift points are firmer and teh MPG's are still holding strong at 22H/16C

Latest posts