07 Trailer Pkg - no Hitch Provided

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skip Webb

Reaction score
Did anyone receive the drawbar and ball when they purchased their 07 ST? Why would Ford provide a Class III receiver hitch system without providing the drawbar and ball. Honda Ridgeline gives the buyer a full hitch with ball size of choice.:(

Because with the wide variety of people suing ford, they would sue them saying that when they hit the brakes at over 100MPH the trail hitch did not stop them from rolling over...

If they provided everything the truck would be a 40K dollar vehicle...

Todd Z

Did anyone receive the drawbar and ball when they purchased their 07 ST?

Not that I know of.

Why would Ford provide a Class III receiver hitch system without providing the drawbar and ball?

Everyone that sells a vehicle with a hitch never includes an insert and ball.

Honda Ridgeline gives the buyer a full hitch with ball size of choice.

Is it the dealer or Honda doing that. I am willing to bet it is the dealer.

Tom

Why do you think I am keeping the bar and interchangable ball from my hidden hitch when I trade mine in for an '07? They get the receiver, but the bar and ball will fit my new one.

I have never heard of a manufactuer giving the ball and bar with a hitch package. There are a few sizes of balls, althought #2 is the most popular, not everyone uses that.

Just because people tow different trailers and need drawbars with different heights to match the trailer and different size balls. Ford has no idea what you are going to tow and what the hitch ball height should be, or the diameter of the ball. If Honda provides those items, they cost less than $50 but you are probably paying a lot more.

Would it be more to your liking if Ford provided a drawbar and hitch ball that did not fit any of your needs and you had to buy a new set anyway?? Remember, nothing is free, you are paying for everything you get. The fact that there may be no additional charge does not mean the Honda or the Dealer are loosing any money on the sale because they threw in a drawbar and hitch ball.

...Rich

Yeah, I've never heard of a drawbar and ball being provided with any factory hitch. The Class II hitch on my wife's Escape was the same. I'll probably never use the hitch, I mainly wanted the trailer towing package for the bigger battery, larger alternator and bigger transmission cooler.

The only accessory that Ford includes with the 07 ST is the wiring harness for the trailer brake controller. The drawbar and hitch ball are usually additional purchases with most vehiicles because of the various reasons already stated above.

Latest posts