07 ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like our bodystyle with the advanced features of the '07. The '07 has to much chrome on the grill for me. Like allways I will probably get used to it and want one...

Do not quote me on this but I would say that the Sport Trac interior will be similar to this 06 Explorer interior, except with rubber floor. I know it is a huge picture but didn't want to lose detail.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nelson, I'd bet you $100 the grille isn't chrome...real chrome hasn't been used on cars for years, '70's I suspect. It's just too time consuming and expensive to do. Not only that, you can only chrome metal, as it's done through the use of electricity, and metal adds weight which lessens MPG and performance. More then likely, it's just plastic with a plastic "chrome like" plating, like the headlights. In that case, scuff, prime, paint, clear...easy peasy.

Wow now thats a picture, I had to open my living room door so I could see the whole thing. I like that little gas thingy that says 40 miles till empty.

We have spent the last 2 days hearing about the new '07 ST, and from what I heard tonight at dinner the new ST is right on target. The have stiffened up the frame, and with feedback from the sterring wheel & brakes control pitch & yaw. The up side is that they are using the same V8 as in the Mustang, and will offer 16, 17 & 18 inch wheels. Also, there is extra storage in the bed. Overall the gerneral consensus, of those attending the National Meet, was that the new ST is a hit, and yes it is based on the current Explorer.

Well, I have only started to look at the 07 for about 2 days and I am sold. I like the V-8 option (same as my 05 Mustang but cast iron block), the roomier cab, the style, the message center similar to the 05 Mustang and the list goes on.

My lease is up on my 04 just in time for the 07 to be on the street. I think in order to convince the wife I will have to order it in what ever colour she wants. The 04 is my colour and she wasn't too happy.

Seeing as now I have my Mustang, I better get her what she wants (just not a minivan).

I see something else that I do not like about this new model...

There is carpet on the floor. I kinda liked having the mats on the rubber floor, made life simpler, and cleaner, and easier TO clean.

I will probably get one of these new ones for the little updates, such as the engine, and what not, but I really do like the older style better.

Is the SVT going to be available for 2007 release of the ST? Thats the only thing im waiting for ;)

Chris, that large picture you see above is an 06 Explorer interior shot, as Brian mentioned. He posted it because it is what he thinks the 07 Sport Trac's interior may look like but without the carpet.