'07 ST dead!?!?!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amber Clymer

Reaction score
So I just went out to take my Trac for a spin and to my surprose she is dead. I suspected something when I tried to unock the doors with the remote and nothing happened. The alarm dash light (little red ball) is flashing, but not response when turning over, not even any clicking. I just drove her yesterday so the battery can't be dead. Oh yeah one last thing, the rear driverside tail light is stuck on and won't shut off. Any ideas what may be the issue? I have to wai until Monday to have her towed to the dealership, so I am stuck the rest of the weekend wondering what the deal is.

Sounds like the tail light has killed the battery to the point that you do not have enough power to operate items that take some amperage.

If I understand you correctly, no clicking and it dos NOT turn over....

If so, try the other key just in case, but I am betting the battery is dead.

Easily, the higher the amperage of the item drawing the current, the faster the batter will drain of its reserved power.

That is not to say the battery is junk, it simply needs to be charged and will be good to go.

As far as the taillight issue, you either have a stuck brake switch or defective brake switch. I suppose it could also be out of adjustmant...