07 new vehicle survey

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYJohn

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I filled out the survey for the 2007 ST. I complained about the slow response from the trottle by wire and the other day I actually got a follow up phone call that lasted about an hour. Sadly the lady looking for more detailed info had no clue what throttle by wire is ( I don't think she knew what an engine or a gas pedal is either) but it was nice to know that they actually follow up on these surveys. She said my info is being forwarded to the engineering dept. I'm imagining waking up and finding 5 guys in white coveralls examing my ST one morning. :blink:

Same thing happened to me. I got a call (from a Ford engineer) after I mentioned in the survey that the throttle by wire was seemingly making the throttle response jerky. I was told that there would be a new 'fix' coming soon. Sure enough .... Ford issued an TSB in June. My dealer flashed my TCM and now everything appears to be fixed. :p They also noted that '07 Job #1's front door interior door pulls were a bad design and stated that Job #2 will fix that deficiency. Great followup service IMHO. :D

John, Drive that 07 here, lets play with that TBW crap, I have a few ideas on bypassing it..... :eek::eek::D

I wish I would get this survey. I had to have the D/S front door realigned because of rubbing and now have to have the P/S done cause its rubbing. I have noticed the jerkiness in the throttle response too but my "wonderful" service techs at my dealership say they cant feel anything. I want a survey.

Ok I am done ranting.

Thank you for your time. BTW does anyone else have a Mineral Grey 07? I havent seen another one between Clarksville, TN and Flat Rock, MI. I thought it would be a popular color, hmmmm Just a thought

Rich,

You actually go to Flat Rock, or as we called it when I lived up there, the "Level Pebble"?

For all of you "Non-Michiganders" reading this post, get it?

Flat Rock=Level Pebble?!?!

I tried...:lol:

Hey Rich,

You're in Clarksville eh? Fort Campbeller? I'm currently deployed and bought an 03 ST in black about a week ago, wife's been driving it around from what I hear.

Rich ... Not on a straight line between Clarksville, TN and Flat Rock, MI, but mine is Mineral Grey, too -- I love the color.

NYJohn ... my son-in-law works in engineering for Ford and I know he is concerned about the customer comments on TBW and transmission issues. I don't know where he sits in the corporate "food chain" (I do know it's not "Sport Trac" specific) but I know he was interested in getting this website address.

Last edited by a moderator:
The trottle by wire issue isnt as bad as it originally was. Xcal took care of it although occasionally it still hesitates. i cant exactly tell Ford that i have Xcal so I guess I'll just go with it.

No I left Flat Rock back in 89 Mom still lives in Woodhaven. I graduated from Flat Rock in 87. The place has really changed since I left. Its awesome that they make the Mustang there now tho.

I wish my 07 only had 800 miles on it. I have 4700 on it now and have only had it since May. I have had to make a couple trips in it back to MI this summer. I am suprised with the gas mileage, alot better than the 01. I love the Mineral Grey I feel for it on the Mustang and ended up buying an 02 Mineral Grey GT then traded dit for my L (I wish that would have came in Mineral Grey)

There are a lot of Sport Tracs here in Clarksville and Ft Campbell. But there arent many people with the 07's as far as I have seen and I have seen only 1 Mineral Grey one Hmm I wonder who that could be LOL

Well enuff rambling gotta get Laundry done. And to stay on topic I wish they would send me a survey.

I wish my 07 only had 800 miles on it. I have 4700 on it now and have only had it since May

Don't feel bad. I've had mine since May and I've got 8700 mile on it. It's been to Tubac Az twice (from San Francisco) 1000 miles each way. And, it's going again in a couple of weeks.

I bought to drive.:D

Thankfully they now have the 5 yr, 60,000 mi Warranty on them. And it does apply to us even tho we bought them prior to them introducing the new program. That rules I know it is power train and tranny but thats good enuff for me

Peace

Latest posts