~ 07+ Brakes

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Potts

Reaction score
Been trying to hold off on the brake mods hoping that some braided lines or a bigger kit woudl come out. Or at least someone could find a Big Kit that would adapt somehow....

NO LUCK!!

It has been darn near 3 yrs now since this truck came out and nobody has done anything to try and slow these heavy beasts down! Everyone is focused on trying to make them quicker or asdd a Supercharger......when really the stock brakes are not even good enough to slow down a stock performance ST!

Oh yeah but we can build a Big Brake kit for a 150hp scion or civic!!!! Rediculous.

I Called Brembo & Baer..."We don't have enough demand for kits for that truck" they say. I asked, "What if I can get 20 Prepaid orders for a kit will you build it then!?" there answer: "NO"

The more I think abotu this the more I wish I woudl have gotten that Harley truck....there are a TON of mods out there for that! BUT Z E R O options for us!?

The only option is teh upgraded rotors and pads, which in my opinion the main failure in the system is the lines!

RANT OVER!

FORD charges $52 a piece fo rteh stock rubber lines. I was going to buy a set to taek to a hydrolic shop to see if they can make a set for me!? That woudl be nice....if I can get soemthign going I will sure let you all know! I Called a couple custom brake shops on teh internet and one had looked into it but said it woudl be hard to duplicate teh ford brackets!? BRACKETS!? those don't need t be redone, jus the lines!

Last edited by a moderator:
and people keep wanting to tow heavier and heavier loads with the ST, but don't seem to be all that concerned with getting that heavy load stopped to avoid an accident, don't see the logic in that.

I have a company that will just make hoses, you give them the specs, Then it is on you to tie them off or do what you want..

Todd Z

If I can get a set profesionally made for the 07+ who woudl be interested in a set!?

I might have a supplier that will custom make some!

Ice, tried the same thing for brakes. Ended up with rotors/pads from brakeperformance.com (see my library pics) and calipers from NHT. But, upon looking at my wifes Mustang GT, it looks like, maybe, just possibly that brakes from a stang might fit an ST? Then you can go hog wild with mustang stuff.(as far as upgrades go).

Yes I would be interested in S/S braided lines for my '08, keep me posted. Thanks and good luck, Bob