07 6 speed transmission

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denise Hayes 2

Reaction score
I haven't been on this site in quite a while, but was wondering if there has been any solutions to the hard down shift in the 07 V-8.? Mine still does this when I am slowing to a stop. Only when dropping into the low gear. Only a couple thousand miles left on my extended warranty, so just curious.

I had the dealer download all the TSB's and while each helped a little for a short time, none seem to completely solve the hard 2-1 downshift. 10,000 miles after the latest dealer download, I did a trans filter and total flush using Amsoil and it has disappeared. Don't ask me why...I have no clue!

In the beginning it was a valve body (metronic or something like that) assembly.......

But the dealers seem to have a new flash for it and I know the Xcal computer flasher can also fit it now too...

Todd Z

I had the latest TSB done on my '07 in late 2009 and it never came back. Seemed to have a better shift pattern also. If your warranty is about gone, I'd be sure to get it done. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the tranny is under warranty for 60k. And I believe a TSB has no expiration unless specified. It's a known problem, make them take care of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an issue months back with mine as well. I tried the "fix" by disconnecting the battery for about 30 min and let the computer reset.

Knock on wood.....I haven't had any further issues with it.

I just removed both cables from the battery and pushed them away from the posts so they wouldn't touch them.

While having them off, was a good time to clean the posts and cables.

One of the issues I was having is when I was on a freeway and stepped on it, there was a lag when it downshifted. I haven't seen that issue since since I reset the computer and the tranny went back into a "relearn".

I know this fixed some of these issues for some, but not all. Others have reported either a computer pgm gitch or other physical issue with the tranny.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Technical Sevice Bulletian" It means that a problem has been identified and the correction is listed in a TSB. These are usually non-recall items, and most dealers will fix them under your warranty. Try to get the upgrade for your transmission ASAP. Just tell them what you told us and they should accomodate you. I used the program from Torrie @ Unleashed Tuning and have not had any issues. Also a complete trans flush and filter did wonders too! Bob

Member Steve M on here probably can get you the latest based on your trucks VIN number and he can give you the TSB number too...

Todd Z

I asked Torrie if his tunes would address the trans issue and he told me no because he has not been about to get his hands on a vehicle to address this...this was a couple months ago, have things changed? I have the bump as well and just can't bring myself to go to the dealer...If the sct tuner helps I would be super happy. I'm just getting around to doing the sct tune now after having it sit for about a month. If the bump is not addressed will this casuse any long term damage to trans or rear end?

I HAD THIS HAPPEN TO ME!!!! On my 2008 ST, V8 ... it would have a clunk on a 2-1 gear downshift, and also a VERY noticeable jolt. I took it in, and they did the "relearn" set and re-flashed it (new calibration), and it drives like new. Via warranty.

Latest posts