05 Fuel pressure

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Delaney

Reaction score
hello all, i have come to realize that my 05 doesn't have a schrader valve?! :banghead: anyways how exactly do i test the fuel pressure without one???? i have rented the kit from autozone so i have what i need (clamps, hose, adapters etc..) where and how do i connect to the fuel rail/ fuel line?? i have replace my fuel pump and just before i started having to start more than once sometimes 3 times and it went away after the new pump but started again about a week later. im trying to diagnose the fuel system first then move on to the electrical (ignition coil, wires, etc..) any help on how to test fuel pressure would be greatly appreciated thanks.:banghead::cry::sad:

You can still use a pressure gauge without a schrader valve connection. You just need a T-connector, clamps, and a little extra hose to hook it up

thanks for the reply but i have already read this form and the (T) wont work with my nylon fuel line ......

im stuck because i dont want to go through the hassle of checking the fuel pressure when im starting to feel like its not the issue..

my battery is good, my starter is good, my alternator is good, my fuel pump is new, my fuel filter is not dirty or clogged, this problem was occuring before the install of the new fuel pump and then started again after. it runs good but just wont start the first time all the time some times it does though.

Scanned for trouble codes? Two other possibilities may be the fuel tank pressure sensor or fuel rail pressure sensor.

Last edited by a moderator:
STanner - thank you for the help ill have to look into it. i didnt see anything when i last looked at the switch but it could be hiding in the back somewhere.

swshawaii - thank you. there arent any codes that come up when autozone scans it and i dont have a high tech scanner that i wish i had. there is also no check engine light. i have been wondering about the pressure sensors but they are quite expensive to just change out if there not the fix. i was planning to test them with a volt meter and maby i can tell if there bad that way but thank you for the reply anything helps!

Stuck or dirty IAC valve.

Todd Z

Latest posts