04 Power seats?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Haney

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Sport Trac and both power/heated seats (with lumbar) no longer work. The seats do not move, do not heat, and the lumbar pump does not run.

I've looked under the seats and have checked and reconnected all cable harnesses I could find (there appear to be 3 for each seat) and that didn't help. I also checked the auto-resetting breaker under the hood by disconnecting the battery cable, pulling the breaker & testing the pins with a continuity tester, it's fine.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram or troubleshooting tips for the seats? I was going to start testing the wires for power/continuity but am not sure where the best place would be to disconnect under the hood or dash, and which wires should have how much power.

Thanks in advance!

Fuse # 30 and fuse # 21 In the panel inside the truck to the left of the steering column.

Todd Z

My wife's stopped beeping?

She is quiet now, Enjoy it before it starts up again !!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

J/K.... LOL

Honestly that could be the speaker, reverse bulb fuse, wiring.....

But the fuse is #27 But it would also control the compass, So I think your issue may be mechanical..

Todd Z

Thanks Todd, I'll have a look at it tonight! I didn't realize that there were other fuses, the manual only lists the large breaker under the hood.

Thanks again!

That's odd, I don't have fuses in spots 21 & 30 in the interior panel, and just in case I checked the panel under the hood and the same thing, no fuses in those spots either. The manual states these are "NOT USED"... Could this be because I have a Canadian Sport Trac, would that make any difference?

I had someone send me a troubleshooting guide & wiring schematics, I'm going to tackle that as soon as I can get some time in the evening... Hopefully that will help figure out where the fault is.

Latest posts