02 ford explore radio

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven W

Reaction score
Hey guys, I know its been a long time since I've posted but I figured u all would still be able to help. My fiance has a 2002 explorer and her factory radio just broke. It says cd error and the cd will not come out. Does anyone know how to fix this or does anyone have a factory radio they'd like to sell. Yes I have checked the swap and sell board just thought I would post here too. Thanks a lot.

i have always heard there is a small button in the rear of the unit that

by pressing it it will spit out any stuck CD

Try pulling both fuses, then replace them. Sometimes a reboot solves this. Also others have used a credit card. To lift the cd while ejecting, to help the ejection.

Steve, take your girlfriends radio out, put in on a sturdy table or on the ground and hit it as hard as you can with a B.F.H! haha J/ K. Dude, shoot me an email ([email protected]). I have the one I took out of my '02. you can have it for free.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had this same problem on my 03 (premium sound) while down in Cabo a couple of years ago- figured it was bouncing over rough roads, etc. Got it fixed when I returned. It did it again while here in CA - warrenty covered it. Worked fine until I returned to Cabo in May - then did it again. So it's currently showind CD error. I guess it's just an endemic problem with that model radio.

Guys,

Thanks a bunch for all your help. This site was always great for getting answers to any question. Ill try your suggestions and let you know what happens.

Latest posts