01 Sport Trac for Sale in NC - Some Mods, Black, 4x4, leather 40k miles - $7000

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Vinke

Reaction score
I've decided to sell my 01 ST, will post links to pics soon. But it is black with the grey lower cladding, 4x4, grey leather, moonroof, hitch, grille guard. Has a TT/shackle lift with 265-75-16 w/ Wranger MTS's, Mark VIII electric fan, Alpine stereo.

Engine has about 45k miles on it. Body, transmission, and odometer have 141k miles on them, new motor was installed at 95k. New motor still runs strong, no timing chain noise. The new motor was an OEM Ford motor that came out of an 01 Explorer that was wrecked with 600 miles on it. So technically it was not a brand new motor, but pretty darn close and it sure looked brand new inside and out. I installed it myself, but have receipts for it. Since the new motor install, the oil has been changed every 4k-5k miles with only Full Synthetic, and a quart of Lucas with every other change. Runs strong! The original transmission is also still very strong, not sluggish at all and have NEVER felt a slip. Never saw much towing.

Also, the rear end was completely rebuilt about 10k miles ago, with the posi upgraded to carbon fiber, and upgrad to disc brakes, and Edelbrock shocks. It was completely 100% rebuilt, new axle bearings/seals, new pinion bearings/seals, new carrier bearings, carrier was rebuilt with new spacers and Carbon Fiber clutches (which is a significant upgrade over the stock posi). The disc brakes came off an '01 Explorer and are a performance updgrade, as well as making servicing the rear brakes much easier. Also, new Edelbrock shocks were installed at that time.

It had a new radiator about 10k miles ago, new wheel bearing on the left side 10k ago, new wheel bearing on right side 1k ago, new inner and outer tie rod ends, new fog light assemblies. Has had a new center console lid due to old ripping. I do all my own service, it's had a lot of new parts, just can't think of them off the top of my head. All the interior door handles have been replaced at least once, lol.

The BAD

- Needs new shift motor for the transfer case. 4wd engages and disengages, but only stays engaged when driving in reverse. I've been told this is the shift motor, but have never messed with it. 4wd works perfectly in reverse, can go anywhere you want in reverse, but when you try to drive forward and put any kind of load on the driveline it clunks and pops out of 4.

- ABS not working and ABS and Brake lights are on. Plugged it in and computer indicated that the ABS sensor on top of the rear end pumpkin is bad. I just never replaced because I hate ABS and would rather not have it. Brakes work fine, just no ABS.

- The whole front end is beginning to feel a little "Mushy". It's about time for new shocks and springs, new ball joints, end links, and bushings. If I was going to keep this, I was getting ready to go through the entire front end pretty soon. There's nothing major needed immediately and it steers fine, front end just needs a refresher.

- The vehicle is by no means "Slick" as the dealers say, I have mainly used it as a work vehicle over the past 6 years and it has dings and scratches, interior is somewhat faded. No body rust at all really, but the paint is probably a 5/10, scratches and stuff all over. It's seen a decent bit of hunting time in the woods too.

Vehicle located in North Carolina

Asking $7500

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a quick pic for now, pic was about a year ago but will post more tomorrow.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/caseywan/WindowsPhotoGalleryWallpaper-1.jpg

Just for clarification, the Adrenalin didn't appear until 2003. I like the work you put into it. I really wish I had disc brakes. Good luck with the sale. Embedded the picture for you.

bf0705286c030d6980edc4b6a37b2ea2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: