01 brake diagnosis

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sefus sefus

Reaction score
Just freaked myself out pretty bad sliding through two intersections so I wanted to get a few opinions on this. my 01 has about 68k miles on it and i would assume the dealer did an inspectionon on everything (yeah right) before I bought it a year ago but I've never been too happy with the brakes. I know that drums arent the best option but they do work. Ive always thought my brakes were overly touchy but liveable. When I do slide and the anti lock brake system (should) take over I feel and hear a real good grinding through the petal which I dont think is right but Ive felt it before on other cars. Now though that I wasnt able to stop a few times on my way to work I'm thinking there really might be a problem. Conditions were slick blacktop but not unmanageable, tires are good on pressure and tread and I have weight in the back.

So who can tell me if the grinding and touchiness are normal or should I take it in and have it checked out? Thanks!

Well IF you slam on the brakes and happen to lock all 4 tires the brake system thinks you stopped...

Now if your hearing the ABS motor and feel the pumping in the pedal the truck will take longer to stop...

You may just be feeling that...

Todd Z

Latest posts