Are you kidding me

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott degroot

Reaction score
Is this what we are really paying our governing bodies to deal with. Introducing a bill like this should be a criminal offense.

I would rather they concentrate on this type of legislation than the current bills before the congress.

Can't do as much harm to the general public.

Don't do that. We're trying to rehabilitate those guys in prison. We don't want them to learn to be crooks from professionals!

Don't do that. We're trying to rehabilitate those guys in prison. We don't want them to learn to be crooks from professionals!

:lol:

This is a stupid law, how hard is it to deal with loud commercials? I don't even recall any recent commercials that are massively louder than the shows...but then again, I don't watch much tv :unsure:

With our God-given ability to press the Mute button, or press the volume control, I don't see a problem that needs Congress. Though Heaven Forbid that the modern American have to actually press a button and manually equalize volume...and then Capitalism kicks in and they market boxes to run the sound through to equalize it as well as DVRs, one can just fast forward through the commercials, and yet there are still complaints.

Though even if this bill passes, I don't know how much of an effect it will have. Billy Mays commercials are the most obnoxious ones that I can think of, and not even Death has stopped those as I still see them. :(

And Mays may never leave the airwaves--Spike still shows Enzyte commercials, and as I recall, that company was run out of business and the owner jailed. Too bad, as those were hilarious commercials :D

One of our local TV stations has an "Ask the General Manager" segment periodically on their morning show, and last week he addressed a question on this very issue. He explained that there's no FCC regulation on audio levels. The audio levels of commercials are set when they're recorded, so they can often be much louder than other broadcast content.

Most modern TVs have the ability to set the audio level to prevent the viewer from getting blasted when a show goes to commercial.

It is annoying, but I don't feel that it's something in which the the Federal gov't needs to become involved. It's just another perversion of the Constitution's Interstate Commerce Clause that creates more Fed gov't intrusion into the private sector.:angry: