Trim Restoration

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwampTrac

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Welp, my ST has the faded grey cladding that everyone hates. At first, it didn't really bother me, but its starting to fade out more, and I'm getting really tired of rubbing restorer on it every few washes. I've used armorall with good results, but the longevity is next to none. I know I don't want to paint it. I like having trim and bumpers that can take a beating without getting chipped or scratched. After poking around, I found these cerakote wipes, and this forever black stuff. What do y'all think? Anyone ever used either of these? Or are there any other ideas?

Both of them dye the trim black or are for black trim.

I had an '03 XLT Premium with gray lower trim. My gray trim would turn almost white, but I've used Back to Black and Bumper Black in the past. Now I use Armor All Outlast Trim & Plastic restorer. It may take a couple applications if it's really bad, but it's good stuff (although it's oily). I use on the black tonneau cover and trim around the bed and windshield on my 2008 ST.

Attachments

• IMG_1610.jpeg
    IMG_1610.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Welp, my ST has the faded grey cladding that everyone hates. At first, it didn't really bother me, but its starting to fade out more, and I'm getting really tired of rubbing restorer on it every few washes. I've used armorall with good results, but the longevity is next to none. I know I don't want to paint it. I like having trim and bumpers that can take a beating without getting chipped or scratched. After poking around, I found these cerakote wipes, and this forever black stuff. What do y'all think? Anyone ever used either of these? Or are there any other ideas?
that's funny, i just ordered the black forever kit one Amazon.

I did spray on bed liner for all my trim. Looks really good. I installed a 3 inch body lift, wrapped it matteolive green and put ahummer H3 hood vent cover on the hood with 3m molding tape. Since this picture was taken, I installed projector lenses into the headlinghts
20211002_073710.jpg

Thanks y'all for the responses. I think Im gonna try the cerakote wipes soon and see how they work. Ill keep y'all posted. If that doesn't work I'm gonna bedline it. @oknopa, let us know how the forever black works. @stunner67, awesome looking rig.

I did spray on bed liner for all my trim. Looks really good. I installed a 3 inch body lift, wrapped it matteolive green and put ahummer H3 hood vent cover on the hood with 3m molding tape. Since this picture was taken, I installed projector lenses into the headlinghtsView attachment 5194
Btw, Im really interested in how you did your projector headlights. Im sure everyone would appreciate it if you posted a how-to in the Projects section :)

Btw, Im really interested in how you did your projector headlights. Im sure everyone would appreciate it if you posted a how-to in the Projects section :)
It was a huge pain. I'll never do that again

Latest posts