You think you've had a bad day?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deleted deleted

Reaction score
[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

The ore truck looks like it was taken in one of the mines in Arizona. Saw some worse ones that got ran over by those huge ore trucks.

I had to put 2-way radios in some back in the 70s and it scared me just get near those monsters.

I think that 'pole' incident was caused when the guy tried hopping over a fence and impaled himself on the pole.

The chevy truck and the Dodge Dakota are ones we've seen before. I'd never seen the boat or plane before.

The plane picture is quite old. It was original described as having accidentally taxied too close to another prop driven plane.

The speedboat picture was originally described as a drunken incident.

I think I originally saw these on strangecosmos.com, which has sections for stupid signs, people, cars, etc.

When I originally saw the plane picture, the caption described the accident as a rookie pilot firing up another plane in the hangar without checking the chocks. When the plane started moving, he panicked and couldn't get it shut down, so it chewed it's way into the plane in the picture.

We had an incident similar to the first picture. We rented some off-road dump trucks (similar to the big dump truck above, but smaller) when we started construction at one site to move dirt around even when it was muddy. We were finishing a detention pond by putting down a layer of topsoil just before the grass sod. One of the trucks had been worked on several times for bad brakes, and seemed to be fixed. However, when the driver backed up to the already filled pond, the brakes failed again, and he kept right on going until all you could see was the cab and the top of the bed, which was still loaded with topsoil. Just for reference, the floor of the cab was 10-12 ft. off the ground. We pulled it out, and the rental company's mechanics managed to get it fired up and back at work again that afternoon.

I have been on a job that had an accident similar to #2. While working at a hydroelectric project near Tahoe, we used to ride the 'mud bucket' (a large bucket filled with concrete) out over the forms & rebar to 'dump' the mud into the forms by stepping on the release bar. They would drop the bucket down into the rebar to release the concrete. On day the kid riding on the bucket got dropped into the rebar a BIT too far... Same thing happened. Glad I wasn't riding on the bucket that day!

Last edited by a moderator:
The deer photo was from a couple years ago in the Twin Cities suburb of Wayzata, Minnesota. I remember the photos being in the local papers...

The one in the OR looks Photoshopped

It may be, but it is being used officially in EMT training videos.

I was showing this thread to my wife and she had seen that one before while in training.

cheers,

Latest posts