You think gas is costly?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Barber

Reaction score
We are shooting ourselves in the foot, been to the grocery store latley?

grains are being turned into Biofuels, price of beef has tripled (don't eat beef anymore)

4 lb fryer chicken 6 mos ago was $3.50, today, 9 bux, eggs, last year.$1.79, now $3.00

Bread, 3 bux (my wife bakes bread every day for 25 cents a loaf)

Fish used to be cheap, no more.

Live in the country, fresh roadkill (lots of deer) may be a good hit, rant over

We may be saving money buying everything we can made in China, but in the long run, we are paying more than ever before.

Tom

Agreed. I've noticed the same--but it's an issue of "killing us softly" in that we rarely check the prices of, e.g., a loaf of bread. There's no sign out front of the store that says, Bread, White $1.499."

As for...

price of beef has tripled (don't eat beef anymore)

It's better for your body anyway. :) Stick to white meats, and supplement with turkey-based foods (i.e., bacon, burgers, meatballs, etc.).

It's going to get worse. Projections are nearly 2 million fewer acres of corn will be planted this spring because Soybean prices are expected to be higher. Corn is a labor intensive crop compared to soybeans. With the Ethenol mandate, expect less grain in the food chain inorder fulfill that stupid mandate. :angry:

O yea it is im 17 i had to get a new job that payed more gas is goin up and away as of today were i live gass is 3.399 and tomarrow its goin to go up to me i dont think its right we pay so much for every thing now :angry::angry:

If we go to the auction in Amish Country, we can buy eggs for 75 cents a dozen. We have to buy something like 75 dozen, but they lasy a few months in the fridge.

Tom

75 dozen eggs? My fridge could never hold that much! So I've gone with plan B--have chickens...lots and lots of chickens (20+ on a painfully small .5 acre lot)

O yea it is im 17 i had to get a new job that payed more gas is goin up and away as of today were i live gass is 3.399 and tomarrow its goin to go up to me i dont think its right we pay so much for every thing now

Huh? I have no idea what that says.

we are at 1.18/ltre if you x by 4 we are gettung screwed.... i just traded my wife car of on a yaris loaded andain 20mpg arrrrrrrg gone is the day driving big cars sad day boys.....

sad day:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

75 dozen eggs? My fridge could never hold that much! So I've gone with plan B--have chickens...lots and lots of chickens (20+ on a painfully small .5 acre lot)

Buying 75 dozen and keeping them in the fridge is cheaper and easier than buying chickens, housing them, and feeding them.

Tom

Don't forget about all the government subsidies on corn production, and how corn sweetner is killing us all off with heart disease, strokes, diabetes, and cancer just because we use corn sweetner instead of cane sugar in everything produced now.

Damn shame how the greed and politics have destroyed this great county and its people who don't even know they are being destroyed by their own government. :angry:

Exactally my point Roger, every commodity you buy needs fuel to get it from the manufactorer to the consumer, this isjust the tip of the iceburg.

Airline tickets are off the charts, why, fuel costs

Also go's for mail delivery, newspaper dilivery, garbage pickup, getting foodstuffs from field to end user.

House we sold two yrs ago had a great deisel heating system, 600 gal inground tank when filled would last two yrs.

I had it filled 3 yrs ago @ $1.34 per gal (no road tax) 800 bux, 400/yr.

The people that bought the house now pay 2K to fill the same tank, 1000/yr

We had two wood burning stoves, bought 4 cords of almond in july, every yr, 165/cord

today firewood in my local is 300/cord.

What do people on fixed incomes do in the east during the winter?

effectivally, all that we buy just to live has doubled in the past 2/3 yrs, has your income?

Which is why the grand experiment called "suburbia" may be doomed.

Maybe locally grown vegetables and meat that travels only a few miles to stores, and arrives fresh (never frozen) is the way to go. Local people, working local jobs, buying local produce and meats. Many say that's where this country is headed (or should be headed).

TJR

What do people on fixed incomes do in the east during the winter?

Many of them either fail to pay thier bill or they chance freezing the death.

On average, most people have taken pay cuts. If the price of goods go up and our wages do not go up at the same rate, we make less.

That is what globalization is all about. Either they come to our level or we go to thiers.

I think we are on our way down to thier standard of living.

Tom

Latest posts