You selection for Halftime Show...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn stonbraker 2

Reaction score
Since I hammered the Halftime Show on the other thread, I figured I'd start one for us to put our picks for a good Halftime Show. List your favorites. Most of mine would never even be considered, but what the hell, to me it would be worth watching.:grin:

Mine would be:

1. Metallica

2. Kiss

3. Disturbed

4. Godsmack

5. Bullet For My Valentine

6. Killswitch Engage

7. Thousand Foot Krutch

8. Five Finger Death Punch

Some "older" bands would be:

1. Scorpions

2. Led Zepplin

3. Black Sabbeth

4. Bad Company

In no particular order:

1) INXS

2) Jethro Tull (Ian Anderson)

3) Supertramp

4) Dire Straights

5) Rob Zombie

6) The Fabulous Thunderbirds

7) Carlos Santana

8) Yes

9) Emerson, Lake and Palmer

10) Foghat

Just a few of my favorites. BC :supercool:

Stonemiser, Bob C, I don't mean to knock your lists, but there are few, if any, of those that the NFL would realistically consider. They're looking for someone with a) broad positive appeal to the mass audience, b) very little "negative appeal" to the mass audience, and c) excellent name recognition to a mass audience. And unfortunately, one or more of those criteria eliminate nearly everyone on your lists. (Whether you realize it or not, Metallica and Rob Zombie have as much negative connotation to much of the audience as most rap acts have to a lot of the people on this site.) The ones from your lists which I see as having the most likelihood of actually ever doing this show are Santana and KISS, and maybe Foghat. INXS could have been a possibility if Hutchins were still alive.

I have a feeling they'll go a bit of a different direction next year--same general genre of music, but go at least 20-30 years more current. I could easily see someone like either R.E.M. or Pearl Jam being possibilities.

I personally think Bob Seger would be a good choice.

The Beatles. Paul and Ringo still have it. Substitute players irrelevant.

"Replacing" John and George would be impossible, anyway.

A Beatles reunion of any kind, would be heaven sent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill, I know and have said that most on my list would not be asked to play. I said your "wish". I do know that Metallica was asked but already had a gig that day for the Superbowl that The Rolling Stones did. So think that the Roling Stones were a second choice.:grin:

Guys, ZZ Top was at the Preakness in Baltimore, and it was a sad sight. They were creaking up there on stage :(

Sadly, I'd like to remember them for the Good Stuff, and there is barely any of that on their Greatest Hits collection, which is what the bands seem to have to play from. La Grange, Tush, and the tolerable Sharp Dressed Man & Planet of Women are the only ones from their famous early 90s hit album that should even be considered, and 4 songs ain't exactly a concert.

I saw a semi-recent thing with Devo, and age was NOT kind to them. Most brutal

Kiss could easily have the same problem, if their Doctor Pepper commercials are an indication of their performance, though at least the makeup and ridiculous armor help keep them from looking like Methuselah on stage, ruining their image.

All of these bands are just too old :( Old age ain't for sissies, but it ain't for performers either.

(Though IMO kiss is weak, same with Pearl Jam...grunge killed 30 years of Guitar evolution)

Metallica could be awesome, though what would they play? Their best stuff is only a decade more recent than The Who's stuff was. God forbid they do any St Anger stuff, though their newest album could be alright, maybe.

Latest posts