Yokohama tire questions?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne Costin

Reaction score
I ask a couple of weeks ago about tires and got some great advice. However, Tire Kingdom near me has a deal going on this weekend and I was looking at the Yokohama HTS. Anyone have this tire or can tell me anything about Yokohama's? I have 2007 2wd ST V6 and all my driving is highway driving.

Thanks in advance for any help.

WC,

I put them on my 08 ST last December. They had about 15000 miles on it when I sold it and the tires still looked real good. I would have rather bought the Michelin LTX but they did not make it in the 18". Yokohamas provided good traction in all weather and were quiet on the highway.

Rod

Rod,

The Michelins are recommended by many, but some have mentioned the Yokohama's in the past. With the deal that Tire Kingdom has going on this weekend, I can get 4 tires, alignment, and road hazard for $575! A set of 4 Michelin's without anything else is going to run about $800 (though there is a $70 mail-in rebate.)

Thanks for the sharing your experience.

wc

WC,

The LTX's are a good tire, but the Michelin Cross Terrains were a POS. Mine were wore out at 20K and neither for nor Michelin would admit fault. I paid $768.00 at Discount Tire for my 18", so you are getting a heck of a deal if they are the 18's

Rod

Sorry, my tires are 17's...245/65/17

But, like I said, the price includes an alignment as well. They are having a buy 2, get 2 free sale this weekend...though, they make some of it back by charging for the alignment. Still, the best deal I have found in looking the last month or so.

Maybe apples and oranges, but I have Yokohama TRZ's on my wife's Taurus and they're dead quiet and wear like iron. Well, wore like iron, I finally tossed them last week when I had the snow tires put on, but they had 70,000 miles on them and were only now getting down to the wear bars.

YOK, makes good tires. I have ran several different versions on past cars. Had a set of the HT/s GO51. On a '01 escape. queit good in the rain and good control. I would like a set for my trac. My size 265/60-18 only comes in the HT/s GO52, directional tread only. If I had posi or a locker, I would. Having an open gear rear the right rear wears faster. That means 2K mile rotations(front to rear only). Or fliping them on the rims so they wear more evenly, being able to swap sides.

I wouldnt hesitate about the yok ht/s GO51. Good tire.:cool:

I just had Yoko HTS's put on my 02 ST last Thursday (11/12), and they are awesome.

Though I can't say I have anything to compare them to but the Michelin LTX's which were balding and unevenly worn on the front, and virtually treadless on the back...and had been on for 41,000 miles of abusive ST driving ( :D ) + however long the original owner had them on.

I was surprised that these tires are made in the USA.

I just put on 265/75/16s Geolander ATs yeserday. They are a good looking tire and I agree that they are very quiet despite the aggressive tread pattern on them

Latest posts