xm setup

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j Schmidty

Reaction score
I bought my trac used in July and I am still finding little things that were done to it. I have an XM setup, almost. I don't have a reciever unit. I have the antenna for sure and I am almost sure the rest of the wiring is there. The guy before me said he had a palm pilot hook into the XM wiring and used it as his navigation system. I am not sure how that worked. Does that nav system using the XM wiring even sound right? Also, if I had an Ipod, would it be possible to hook it into the wiring that is already there, or would I need to do new wiring for the Ipod?

You guys are great. Thanks.

Schmidty, I didn't really know that you could use GPS with the XM system. Are you sure he wasn't talking about something else? I suppose it's possible, since the XM does work from a satellite, I just haven't heard of anyone doing that. That's not to say it can't be done...I'm a bit behind on XM technology these days.

As for the ipod, you will probably need an auxiliary audio port on the back of your stereo or a mini-din plug on the front to use your ipod. As far as the ipod goes...if you don't have one...BUY ONE! I have 2 of 'em and they're great if you love music! Plus, the more apple sells, the better my apple stock does. haha

Good Luck with the XM system. It's a great thing to have if you do a lot of traveling.

-Scott

click on the purple wrench next to my name for directions on how to re-install XM. I am unfamiliar with navigation systems, except the Delorme one that works with a laptop. That system is awesome, but uses a different antenna setup. It plugs into a USB port.

Latest posts