XM Radio

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad Merry

Reaction score
I have done a search and cannot find my answer. I want to get an XM receiver and add it to my stock 6 disc pioneer head unit. How can I do this, and what will the sound quality be?

Thanks,

Chad

Have an '05. Easy to install. Sound quality is very good. Can use cigarette plug or hard wire to fuse box. Only negative found is that, on cross country trips (KY to MI), sometimes have to change station because local stations override. Go for it. We think it's great.

Again, Crutchfield has a website, and free catalogs that you can get, that lists all of their

XM and Sirrius adapters and tuners, with complete packages. Adapters, power plugs,

antennas and everything needed for the complete set-up!

I've ordered through them before, and have been very happy.

But locally, a Circuit City, or the like may have the same equipment in stock!

I'll try to find you a good link...

Found the site!

This one may be a little expensive, but I thought I'd show you this one to get you started,

as it is a Pioneer Plug-n-Play, good to go with your existing Pioneer HU.

I'm sure when you navigate the site, you can find a cheaper system, if need be!

Hope this helps!:D

if your looking for an AUX input adapter for your vehicle you can visit www.peripheralelectronis.com for more info. no more changing radio stations.

AUX adapters are 100% better then FM modulated ones. The FM modulated is subject to the area you are in as to if that FM channel is being used or not. You will get interference if the OTA signal is stronger then the modulator is outting out. I have had both and can attest to the up in quality for the wired in ones. If you get an XM Direct kit, you can even control the XM through your existing head unit. This is what I have in my wife's Chrysler 300M Special. It has factory navigations and dislpays the XM info on the screen.

Latest posts