XM Radio/MP3 player aux input

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Kent

Reaction score
Got a nifty aux input to connect my XM radio and MP3 player using the CD Changer controls. It is not one of the usual ones I have read about here.

I have a 2002 with stock radio and rear controls.

It is USA Spec Aux Interface model DF-Ford 20. Per the instructions this fits all sport tracs 2001-2005 with CD Changer controls (shuffle button)

It uses the CD Changer feature and has RCA inputs for 2 seperate devices. Got it at Crutchfield for $70. Installed this morning and works good. It seems to have taken care of a lot of the low output I was getting from my XM radion using the FM modulator.

IT was easly to install.

On a similar note, I just ordered this item this past weekend: http://logjamelectronics.com/piefrd03auxs.html

It's for 04-05 CANBUS radios with the SAT button, but a dummy "AUX" button.

I plan on using the AUX to run an AUX to 3.5mm out to this:

[Broken External Image]:

The Lowrance iWay 500c, in addition to 10GB for maps, has a 10GB HD (well, one 20GB HD to be specific) for MP3s and a built-in MP3 playing function. :cool: I just need to convert all 5GB of my iTunes AACs to MP3 format.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the same one from Crutchfield last summer. Couldn't be happier. Now if they only had one that worked on the Volvo S40, I'ld really be happy. Had to buy a new Sat unit with the FM transmitter.

Latest posts