xm radio + ipod

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Boss

Reaction score
hey guys. i had been asking a lot of questions on here about different types of audio systems, and it seems like i went ahead and did a complete 180 on it and went out and got xm radio. haha. i got the audiovox xpress and had it hardwired to the battery, and then used a fm modulator instead of the wireless fm transmitter to play it through my radio. also, i went out and bought a double ended headphone jack to connect my ipod to my xm. for all you guys that are stuck using the itrip or anything like that to play your ipod, this is a pretty good solution for you. it plays at fm+ quality i think, and the difference in the bass you can hear is ridiculous. not to mention the great choices you get from xm. if you're looking in to one of those new head units where the ipod plugs straight in to it, this is actually a cheaper solution. just thought i'd share my experience with all this and definetely recommend it. later guys.

Latest posts