XM Radio Install

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cody L

Reaction score
Hello,

I am going to install an XM radio in my ST and was wondering how it hooks to the stock radio. I have a 2005 ST with a single CD radio system. Does the Xm plug into the back or something?

Thanks -Cody

Doesn't the radio transmit out a frequency and you just tune the ST radio to it..

Thats how my Sirius works..

I can leave it on in my truck and get the station at my work trailer, OR use it in the house...

Todd Z

Yeah I just read that :D

It also says that it can be directly connected to the stock radio via mini connector. Is there one of this available on the back on my radio?

Nope..

Todd Z

Dang........ oh well, Thanks Todd Z!

Oh, is the FM transmitter on yours pretty clear?

Last edited by a moderator:
IT is perfect, IT works for 3 truck lengths too, Rachel can follow me on the road and we both can listen !!!

Todd Z

Thats excellent! Im personally looking at the XM Delphi XpressRC for myself. It looks very nice and the reviews are good.

Only thing is THE FCC cracked down on signal strength, you may need the antenna adapter, IT wires to the radio, then plugs into your antenna line behind the ST radio..

Todd Z

Your other option would be to use the AUX option on your radio.

Before I put in the GPS Unit that has XM built in.... I was using a DPX Technology - FRDN-AUX

If you are interested in I still have this peice and its wired for your truck you won't have to do any cutting or anything. Its sitting in a box surrently at my place not being used and I have no use for it.

Cheers

Whit

Cody, get the external FM modulator for the XM radio. It conects between your truck antenna and the oem radio. The cassette thing is garbage, and the adapter they include to connect to your antenna (sureconnect?) basically zip ties to your ST antenna.

I bought the XM FM modulator, mounted it under the center console, tapped into the radio power at the same time to connect a cigar plug so the power adapter for the XM unit was hidden underneath the console also. Sound is pretty darn good, and now it all comes on with the ST radio.

Latest posts