XM Direct Help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken H

Reaction score
Got a TERK XM Direct system to use with my 2005 Audiophile satellite ready system (its the late availability unit). Got the thing installed but got "NO SAT" when I went to use it. TERK/Audiovox engineer says this is on their compatability list and has no idea why it won't work.

Anybody know whether the head unit on this model has to be reprogrammed or activated to work with satellite? if so, anybody know how? Will a dealer do this if its not the Sirius add-on? Hoping to get satellite radio through the factory head unit, but don't want to spend the $599 :( local dealer wants to install Sirius.

Thanks

well If you are using an XM direct unit to try and get Sirius then maybe that is your problem. They are two different companies......

also check your antenna and make sure it is clear.....check all connections. Also try calling up whichever provider you use and have them reactivate it by sending the signal to it again.....

Last edited by a moderator:
No...fully aware I'm putting in XM direct to try and get XM. Don't think it's a satellite activation issue, as I can't even get the preview channel.

I've triple checked every connection and had the wiring harness and digital adapter replaced. This unit is normally plug and play, connections on my head unit are correct, everything fits where its supposed to, but I'm believing Ford changed the audio system for the late '05 models so that the SAT and AUX had to be programmed to work.

I received a xm direct unit xmdfdk also for Xmas. It too came up with the "No Sat" information after I installed the unit. Terk support stated it was defective and I sent for a new unit. The second unit did the exact same thing. Terk support has been useless and I have yet to find anyone with a Ford xm direct unit working. I tried a 2004 expedition HU and a 2005 Navigator HU and both didn't work. I think the units simply don't work and Terk is not being honest. Too bad we are being part of a beta test by Terk.

My 2005 Sport Trac is for Sirius satellite radio. I believe you are using the wrong service if I am interpreting your post correctly. You can't use an XM receiver/antenna on a Sirius ready head unit.

My 2005 Sport Trac is for Sirius satellite radio. I believe you are using the wrong service if I am interpreting your post correctly. You can't use an XM receiver/antenna on a Sirius ready head unit.

This is a three month old thread. I never saw it until now, but it almost sounds like he was in a garage. Even with just the XM receiver not connected to his stereo, he should have gotten something if he had an unobstructed view of the sky.

Latest posts