XCAL3 & mpgs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray McIntireJr

Reaction score
Flashed my ST back to stock and started getting good mileage, right around 19 mpgs of mixed driving with some 60 & 65 mph highway driving. Flashed back to 89 performance and immediately dropped down to right around 17 with no 65mph highway driving and not much intown driving. I love the way it runs but with gas as high as it is it's killing me at the pump. Oh, and it was also warmer when I flashed it to 89 perf.

There has gotta be something I can do to get better mileage with the XCAL3 tunes.

btw, before you say it, I also had both the 87 & 89 mileage tunes from Torrie but it didn't matter I still got the lower mileage even driving easy.

also I have noticed that the tunes cause the ST to run at higher RPMs whether it be idling or while driving it. would anyone know what would cause this?

I have noticed that the tunes cause the ST to run at higher RPMs whether it be idling or while driving it.

You can use the xcal3 to set your Idle. As far as driving. Posibly your torque convertor is not going into lockup.

no that isn't it, I have counted all the shifts and everything working good there.

unless any other ideas I spose I will get ahold of Torrie and see what he can do for me.