Xcal2

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith Harrer

Reaction score
i am curious of the gains to be benefited from the Xcal2 on a stock ST, im not exactly sure what it is or what it does, or where it goes for that matter. i am assuming its a performance chip or something similar.

also i've read it nees to be adjusted after adding other performance parts, i.e. intake, exhaust and such...

could someone please explain this Xcal2 to me :blink:

Thanx

There are 2 site sponsors who offer the Xcal, it's a handheld programmer that you connect to your OBD II port next to the hood release latch. Once connected you choose one of 3 custom tunes that are written to your specific vehicles computer. You must give this computer code to the programmer. It is located on the passenger side firewall, under the hood beneath the windshield wiper, it's a 4 character code, mine, for example is RVB0.

D[Broken External Image]:

You can have custom tunes done for mileage, performance, towing, etc. If you've done any modifications or plan to you should discuss that with the progammer so you can get the best BANG for your buck. They also need to know what fuel you'll want to use for each tune.

Just sold mine, but I'll tell you it was the best single mod addition that I had.

If you have specific questions you should contact either or both sponsors:

Torrie @ Fast Parts Network or Doug @ BamaChips.

D-

I just got mine recently, Keith, for my stock '05. I can tell you I've noticed a *definite* improvement in performance with the 87 octane performance tune. When I give it gas, I get more power without the sluggishness I didn't even realize was there in the stock tune.

I *think* I sacrificed about 1 mpg in fuel efficiency to this tune, but I'm still evaluating that (only had a few fill-ups since I got my XCal2). Others have reported getting better gas mileage, even on the performance tune. It's possible I'm just a bit heavier on the pedal than I was before thanks to the improved responsiveness. I admit the Sport Trac feels a bit "sportier" now, that's for sure.

I have a Xcal2 From Both tuners.

One for My Sport Trac and one for my Focus.

Both are great. I have increased my Gas milage and performance with the 93 Tune for the Sport Trac by about 100 miles per Tank. ( granted I only got about 10 to 12 MPG now getting 15 MPG ) it also takes out the Rev limiter.

and I am running the 87 performance on the Focus and have only seen an increasein performance and no decrease or increase in MPG.

Thanks again Torrie and Doug.

I bought 07 v8 june 07 after driving 98 Explorer 4.0 geared more for towing and the 07 v8 ST seemed sluggish and really suggish compared to the wife's 6cyl 07 Cadi CTS.

Doug's tune helped my ST a lot; and with Magflow exhaust sounds and goes better.

Enjoy

Latest posts