Xcal2 ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill ray

Reaction score
would someone explain 2 me the whole thing on Xcal2..what does it do? how much? and the whole octane thing as well? Please...want to see if it is worth me doing as well.

Thanks,

Bill :blink:

Ok, I have one. This is a plun in tunner. Under the sterring wheel there is a place to plug it in. When you plug it in, it will down load your computers factory programming. Once it has done this you hace the choice of uploading one of 3 different programs. I have a 87 oct., 93 oct., and a pulling tune that I got with mine. Depending on what I am doing I will change the programing of the truck. Ther reason you keep the origional program is to put it back in when you take it to the dealership to have it serviced. I hope this helps.

Oh, This is the best upgrade for the money!

Last edited by a moderator:
The writeup on SCT's website is really good for explaining what the Xcal2 can do...as for actual numbers, it's best to ask the tuner you are getting it from what numbers he is getting with his tunes :)

Latest posts