xCal2 Math

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK, so I'm trying to justify purchasing the xCal2. Someone check my math:

Suppose I get a modest milage increase, say from 16mpg to 18mpg. That's an increase of 12.5%. Now, to make it simple, suppose gas is $3/gallon. (Not so tough to imagine now!) But, by using the xCal your cost per gallon improves by that 12.5%, making an effective cost of $2.63/gallon, or a savings of $.37/gallon.

That means that after roughly 1000 gallons, the Xcal would pay for itself? Or, about 45 tanks of gas. I use about a tank each week (yep, short commute), so in less than a year it would be paid for?

Sound right?

that is about correct i am ordering a y pipe $300+ high flow cats $350+ cat back exhust $300+ mac intake $150 throttlebody from ToddZ $100+ all for a couple extra MPG'S.that's what will justify it with the wife:rolleyes:.will it pay for it self NOOOOOO!!!!!!:wacko: not any time soon at least. i just want it and i want it all:cool: next will be the UDP

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary, that's correct. My last tank, I just filled up this evening, averaged 23.4 mpg, mixed highway and city driving, and I've been staying off it lately...or trying to. I cringe when I see the bill for the gas, but I get in, and see I'm at 440 miles on the tank, and I feel a little better inside. Besides, I've decided that as long as gas is under $5 a gallon, my ST will be my daily driver; if it hits that point in the next few years, I'll be looking to purchase a used motorcycle for daily driving.

Latest posts