Xbox 360 Release date is...........

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had mine pre-ordered for months now. They're releasing 2 different setups, one for $399, and one for $299, which doesn't have all the goodies, like wireless controllers and a removable hard drive.

I'm getting the $399 version, as well as a few games....

I am holding out for cheaper, or nothing at all. For $399 I could make my current computer run anything out there without any trouble, and computer games are more abundant and generally better anyway.

Every console I have owned since Dreamcast has just been pushed aside. I think I played my PS2 I got for christmas all the way from December 25th to January 5th. Have not touched it since.

The FPS', like Battlefield 2, and other games like World of Warcraft cost you less in the end, easier to control, and a lot more fun IMO.

Never in a million years would I pay $400 for something that I have to then buy more parts (controllers, memory cards, web access), and on top of it games. XBOX live for example...

Well, I alreay have a computer that allows me to pretty much run any game I want (Doom3 included). I prefer consoles, though. Ever tried to get 4 college guys around a 17" LCD screen playing Halo2? It's easier if it's a 52" HDTV and a huge couch, along with surround sound.

I probably play my Xbox 4-5 hours a week (usually all in one sitting sometime Sunday afternoon while watching Nascar or Football PIP.

Besides, it's been paid in full, all I have to do is go pick it up when they're released, and pick out a few games.

Oh, and the original Xbox sold at intro for $299; I got one.

I guess I look at it differently. My favorite room at my hose is outside. Spending time under the sun doing things I enjoy as opposed to sitting in front of a TV trying to kill something, stealing a car and running from the cops, ar anything else game consoles.

I would much rather spend a saturday evening sitting next to a camp fire in the backyard under the moonlight the in the house playing a game.

That, to me, is what life is about. That is how I spend my free time.

Tom

Tom: I'd agree with you about 9 months out of the year... outside is better... but those 3 months of winter is when it's nice to have a video game for a distraction.

My life is too busy to waste in front of a game console to play a game.

as opposed to sitting in front of a TV trying to kill something, stealing a car and running from the cops, ar anything else game consoles.

Ya know thats great and all but dont make it sound like those of us that do play video games are evil and are going to hell. There are alot more to video games then killing, stealing and running from cops. I play mostly sports games.....Yes, the sports I enjoy physically playing. They even have wheel of fortune and jeopardy for most consoles......

if you dont play or enjoy video games, ( but you enjoy sitting in front of a computer posting messages on the internet?) then you should have not even left a message at all. Start a topic about haning out around the campfire under the moonlight, which I am sure alot of the members ,such as myself enjoy doing and can leave some positive experiences. I know I won't go into that topic and post with campfires are a waste of my life messages.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you FMarano. Some people like to talk (in this cas post) just to hear themselves talk. My life is very bust too, two jobs, a small business, special needs child, family, friends and so on. If you don't like to play then don't. No one asked you anyway.

Ape Out.

I'll get one, eventually, but not right away. It's not the price that scares me, it my empty bank account that does.....plus I want to do some more things to the truck first.

Caymen, those kinds of comments really make no sense.

As was already pointed out, you post a lot here, so spending time at a computer does not seem to bother you.

Also, you cant have a campfire every night, you cant play card games every night, if you did it would get boring and repetitive.

Besides, games can open you up to whole new social experiences.

Examples? SURE!

1. I play World of Warcraft, a great game, very involved and neverending. Worth every penny.

You play in a world of OVER A MILLION other people. (across different servers of course) but you can still see thousands at a time. You have to work with them in teams to do jobs, trade with them, and just joke with them. It gives you a new level of interaction beyond your everyday friends and time at the campfire. You meet people from all over the world, experience new ideas.

7 People from my fraternity, including a couple girls in other sororities, one of them being my girlfriend, also plays. Its a cheap, basically free, way of spending time with eachother in these times of high gas prices. A poor college kids dream.

Something you cant do in your yard.

Then there are games like Halo.

My friend manages a theater, and just recently had a bunch of people up there, hooked his XBOX to the Movie theater projector, put in Halo 2, and BAM! 50 feet of run and gun goodness. Everyone had a great time and its a great social experience.

2. The amount of thinking power and skills involved in todays games is beyond almost anything else available. No, the physical strain isnt there. But to figure out the tactics, constantly changing to take down a Dragon in WoW is huge. The reflexes to take on a team of other humans and capture a flag in Halo 2, HUGE. You expand your mind as you expand your social skills.

But yes, you need time outside, nobody here said spend 8 hours a day playing games and lock yourself away. Its what we like to do to unwind SOMETIMES, with friends usually. Its free once you have the equipment. No money for gas, food, etc.

So expand your views a bit before you totally throw an idea away, you may not know what you are missing out on.

My problem with the new XBOX is purely financial, I see it as way too much for what you get in return, thats just me, but I am at least using my experiences to make my choice, instead of just saying I hate something.

Frank,

When I was younger I had both a NES and a Game Boy. I liked Mario Brothers, Donkey Kong, and racing games. Not into any of those killem games. I found myself spending too much time trying to win those game. I finally had enough. I put it away and havent touched it since. Heck, I don't even know if it still even works.

It was not ment as an insult to anyone. I guess we have our priorities different.

Tom

I think it's obvious by the amount of time we spend on this site that none of us have a life. :D

I guess we have our priorities different

Choosing to sit by a campfire instead of playing video games has nothing to do with priorities. People who play video games do not "rank" lower in life then somebody who sits by a campfire. They are activities that are done to relax and have fun. I also like to golf, but just because alot of people do not enjoy it or understand it doesnt mean their priorites are different???

It would be diffrent if I said, " Well I like to smoke crack instead of sitting by campfires"........

then you would have every right to tell me my priorites are different. I have yet to witness a crackhead who holds down an excellent job and pays the truck payments we all do, LOL

Frank,

Actually it has everything to do with priorities. My priority is to sit with my family, pet my dog, and hang out with my friends.

You priorities might be play game consoles, play computer, wash & wax your truck.

I did not say mine are better or more important.

Our prioroties are different.

If you have a problem with that, you need to sit back and wonder why you have a problem with it. I never said I was better then you or what I am doing is right and you are wrong.

Tom

Latest posts