X-Plan Request and Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ape

Reaction score
Long time no see fellow Trac'rs. Well, my wife and are looking at getting ride of our 98 Windstar for a loaded 08 Edge. I had ordered the Consumer Report price quote and the dealers numbers matched except for a couple of things. The Dealer Holdback and a Natioal Consumer Rebate of $2000 that the dealer says they "didn't know about". If I can get hold of an Xplan, will that help eliminate this problem? And if it can, is there anyone on here that can get ahold of an Xplan number for me? Thanks.

Ape Out.

Lawrence Farrell

04 04 Sport Trac Adrenalion

The Ape

Ape,

If you don't get an x-plan pin just ask the dealer for a copy of the invoice of the Edge you want, then offer them a purchase price that is at the invoice price less all applicable rebates. They will take it. Most dealers will sell at invoice, then knock off all the rebates, without flinching. The X-plan price will likely be within $75 to $100 of invoice.

TJR

Ape,

Are you saying that the the dealer was claiming to not know about both the holdback and the rebate?

If so, then they're totally BS'ing you, at least about the holdback. That's something that every dealer gets, and that amount is printed right on the invoice, along with the A/D/X-plan prices.

Oh, I know they are BS'ing me. I also know that I won't get 100% of those hidden discounts either. They are just trying to play hardball because sales are so bad and none of them are making money. Well, we walked and they called us later and said that they would look into price for our trade and maybe (ha) drop a little more off the price of the Edge. In the end, I will either pay what I want to pay or not buy anything at all. That is the advantage of not needing it but wanting it. As for the X-Plan, I wanted to throw that at them as well because I feel that they are a little higher (500 to 700 over invoice) than I would like.

Ape Out.

Hey Ape, long time no see! How's that Adrenalin? Goodluck with the Edge. It's a nice lookin ride. Take pics! Later.

Sounds like another douche bag salesman giving you the run around and giving us a bad name.

It's really stupid that a salesperson would assume you know less about their pricing than he does. Must have been a new guy.

All Ford dealerships run a Smart Vincent on each VIN & customer info so they have all availible programs at their fingertips. Some of their inventory probably even has a $2000 aged inventory bonus. All my 2008 units do right now.

To their defense, they shouldn't be giving you X-plan without a PIN number and it's unrealistic to assume you can get a rebate or discount you don't qualify for.

Ape you have been missed by the gang, hope all has been well with ya!

...well if sales are that bad and a sale person wants to make his quota and the dealership wants to move vehicles...I would think they would bend over backwards for Apes business.

Come on up to PA and I'll send ya to an honest dealership that will give ya the hidden discounts along with that x plan price. why? Because THEY want to sell vehicles.

here is that :rolleyes: icon I do that every time I hear about why this can't or shouldn't be done by a dealership. All things are possible, just depends on how badly the store wants the business.

If they don't know about discounts then they need to read their emails and bullitens from Ford or get out of business.

Last edited by a moderator:
"here is that icon I do that every time I hear about why this can't or shouldn't be done by a dealership. All things are possible, just depends on how badly the store wants the business."

You cannot get an X-plan price without a PIN. You can't close on an X-plan code without a PIN. Period. The dealership is hit with a penalty (sometimes costly) from Ford Motor Credit if this happens. If you're saying they should discount a vehicle equal to that of an X-plan then I would understand. However, that isn't an X-plan deal.

Everyone knows that the chances of closing a deal drop over 60% when the customer walks out the door. I'm pretty confused as to why this salesperson didn't work for the deal while Ape was in the dealership.

"If they don't know about discounts then they need to read their emails and bullitens from Ford or get out of business."

It's not really that simple but yeah. Sales people that do well stay ontop of their game.

If they won't show you their invoice just go build the vehicle on Edmunds.com. They have relatively close invoice pricing. Their rebates are usually off. They are a good tool.

Trust me, I know all about all the plans how they work that Ford GM and other makers offer to civilian and employees ;)

The dealerships can give out pins but some dom't like to and refuse to. That is what I meant.

and if they don't want to show you the invoice go to a different Ford dealership, because that one just might show you.

when I say dealership, let me rephrase, an employee could help the customer out...If they wanted to thru the Friends and Neighbor X Plan the friend would not need to live in the same state as the employee.

From the link below:

Through the X-Plan, Ford Motor Company employees and retirees are allocated four personal identification numbers (PINs) per year that they many give to eligible friends and neighbors to purchase discounted vehicles.

Friends and neighbors are eligible for the X-Plan if they are identified and sponsored by a Ford Motor Company employee or retiree before visiting a dealership. Friends and neighbors wishing to participate in the X-Plan may not discuss a retail purchase of a vehicle with a dealer prior to applying for an X-Plan.

Ford does this to help with sales. So yes Dealership employees could do this as long as the xplan pricing has not been discussed with the "friend"

Larry, I hope somebody contacted ya! Good luck!

Hate to break it to you but 4 PINs per salesperson is not a lot lol. Walking in without a relationship with someone and demanding a PIN form a salesperson that only has 4 a year to burn isn't going to be easy.

Hell, I've already burned three of mine just on family.

that's just sales folks and other employees

there are folks that do get 10 a year. ;)

Ape sent ya an email.

Psycareyo said:
Hate to break it to you but 4 PINs per salesperson is not a lot lol. Walking in without a relationship with someone and demanding a PIN form a salesperson that only has 4 a year to burn isn't going to be easy.

X-plan pin, smex-plan pin.

Walk in and tell the salesperson you will buy the car/truck you want at invoice, less any applicable rebates and incentives. They will take the deal without haggling if smart. A pin will only save you about $100 or so above that deal.

You would take such a deal wouldn't you, psycareyo?

TJR

Latest posts