WTB sway bar bolts

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TowTrac

Reaction score
somehow, I snapped one of the bolts that connect the link to the rear sway bar. If anyone has an extra end-bolt for the swaybar I will buy it from you. The stealership doesn't sell just the bolt. You have to buy the whole sway bar $25.

I just need the bolt If you can help me out I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

john

email me at my website or through this website.

www.sgtjunk.com

Your best bet might be to head to Fastenal or your local hradware store and get a grade 8 bolt of the same size, just make sure the shankis somewhere close so you don't have any problems with strength.

Maybe try emailing Steve M, he had a parts truck. Not sure if he sold it but it's worth a shot.

I agree with going to Fastenal. Just take your good one in and match it. Heck, even Advance Auto might have it. The one near me has a guy that knows bolts really well and if I take him one he either walks in the back and returns with it in a few seconds or says, without looking, we don't have that one, check fastenal.

Another option. Remove the stock bushings with a propane torch, much faster than chiseling or pressing them out.

Do it outdoors, lot's of black smoke, have a bucket of water to submerse while they're burning . Very easy to do. GL

Last edited by a moderator:
The OEM bolts have a rounded shaft that slides into the link bushing. It's not just a regular home depot bolt, otherwise I would have bought one. You can fit a regular bolt in there but then the link fill have about 1/4 gap and will be bouncing around the bolt

That's why the Moog K80085 kit makes sense.

One $10 kit is needed to upgrade both sides.

towtrac,

I think you're in for a surprise. Read the Note: carefully - I bolded the key words

Notes: Sway Bar Link Kit -- Rr Susp; Link Repair Kit; Does not include bolt; Incl. thermoplastic bushings for both ends of link.

Don't know where you READ that toptobottom but those of us who have bought the kit got the bolts with it ...........not the top ones, just the bottoms.

Jerry, sold the parts Trac and everything I had that I could get together went with it. Yeah, I'll probably need something I got rid of now.:sad:

I snapped one of the bolts that connect the link to the rear sway bar.

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts