WTB: Mounting Brackets for OEM Hard Tonneau Cover

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Sport Trac and I need the mounting brackets for the OEM Hard Tonneau Cover. I bought the cover from someone who totalled their ST and didn't have the cover on at the time of the accident. They didn't get the brackets off their ST, so I was only able to get the cover.

I went to my local Ford dealer and they said they can order the 4 brackets for $25 a piece. That is just way too much for me. I was hoping they would be around $25 for all 4. The Ford P/Ns are (1) 286B56 and (3) 286B70. If anyone can help me with these please let me know. I don't care if the parts are new or used, I just want to be able to put the cover on the truck. Thanks

I am looking for a set of each myself. But I think there is only 2 of each and not 1 and 3

there is a right rear/Left front and Right front/Left rear. If your looking for the parts that mount to the inside of the Bed.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I will see if I can scan the manual tonight. or monday if that manual is at work.

i have an extra set, only like 2 months old. i have a cover in poor shape that i got for free, so i bought a set to mount it. then i found a good deal on a new cover which came with its own set. the ford dealer i bought the strikers from charged me a total of 117.50 for all four. i am getting around to trying to sell the cover. having them to sell with it would be a good thing, but i could part with them for a fair price. i think 70 would be a good price given that they are relatively new. oh yea, they did not tell me when i ordered them that they did not come with the mounting screws :huh:. but i have the screws you need as well :)

Thanks Keith, but $70 is still more than I can afford to spend right now. The most I can afford is $50 including S&H, and I was really hoping to get them for less than that. I may try hitting a few junk yards to look for a totalled ST that has the brackets on it.