WTB Motorcraft SW5928 (cruise switches)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodney Leary

Reaction score
The rubber hardened and cracked to pieces on my cruise control switches. So they still work but have no faces on the switch. I want to replace for the sake of the visual ugliness, but all the ones online are way too much.

My local junkyard sucks and has no ST or explorer parts. Anyone have these 01 ST cruise control switches for sale?

I might have a set in my toolbox. If I run across them this weekend, I'll let you know. And if so, I may have already even converted them to LED.

@Dingo, thanks, Let me know.

@ RC, Like I said, the junkyard in my area sucks. They wont let you browse for what you need and when I try to explain it could also be on a explorer and a ranger they seems stumped because their computer only lets them enter one model to search for. I dont trust them for anything... they always want to order the parts from other junkyards.

I have a friend that lives close to VA Beach and he has a big pull it yourself yard there, I asked him to look around next time he goes.

Definitely stick with the Ford switches if you can. A good set of used ones are better than the brand new aftermarket switches. The aftermarket ones on my dad's explorer hardly lasted a year and a half.

Where did you purchase them?? Through the Ford dealership? Did you replace them yourself or have someone do it. I need to replace mine too, cheapest and ONLY ones I have found were $90.36... considered them, mine to still work, but look like S***. I have a 2002 Sport Trac with 256,500 miles on it... engine replaced at 212,000 ($2,200) everything still looks good, runs good AC just replaced $750.00... I drive it over 100 miles a day round trip to and from work. Been a great truck!! I would feel safe and secure going on a 1,000 mile trip.

Latest posts