WTB 2010 Limited 4WD

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lloyd Curry

Reaction score
Used to own a 2007 Limited and hung out here. Sold it in 2010. Now I'm in the market for a well kept 2010.

I'm in the state of VA. Please message me if you're selling or have a lead.

Thx,

LRC

Forget the STB 2010. I just purchased a 2007 Limited 4X4 with 57K miles. I'm back but doesn't look like much activity on this board now with the declining membership.

Still, I will be using the resources to make new improvements!

Thanks for listening.

LRC

It is a V8? Around 60k is when the exhaust manifolds on mine warped and broke the manifold studs off. The Drivers side was first. Was replaced under the Emissions part of the warranty though (Up to 80k I believe it was) and a few months later the Pass side one had to be replaced. Dealer had to drill out the broken studs to put in the new stronger ones. Just something to look at.

It made a snapping noise when cold from between the head and manifold is how I noticed it. After 30-40 seconds of running the heat would expand enough to seal closed and it wouldn't make the noise anymore.

That's very interesting. I had never heard of that but my first new Sport Trac V8 only had 20K miles on it when I sold it.

This current Limited is the V8 4.6. I'll keep a watch out for this.

I have an appt. with the Ford dealer this Friday. The very first thing I noticed was that this Trac was suffering from the infamous "hard bump shift under 10 mph". TSB 08-3-8 re-flashes the TCM and PCM to fix the problem.

It's great that I had this knowledge from my previous ownership and information that was shared on this forum back in '08.

Nice buy. I'm also in an 08 Adrenalin, my favorite of the three Tracs I've owned. Mine also had the transmission issue that was fixed by a dealership reflash. I also found out that the V8s in 08 and newer don't have the problematic two-piece spark plugs; they were a cinch to change.[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts