Wrigley Field or Fenway??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neither one. Busch Stadium is much nicer, and prettier with 10 World Series flags flying overhead. And the really cool part about that is that three of them were won in my lifetime, unlike the few WS flags found at Wrigley & Fenway.:cheeky:

TrainTrac, new Busch is nice--but it, like most new parks, pales in comparison to either Wrigley or Fenway. Not even the most zealous Cardinals fan would try to claim otherwise. (And for the record, Busch has only been home to one world championship team--Fenway's had six.)

Frank--The two are very similar, but I give the edge to Wrigley. Fenway has far more obstructed-view seats, and the vomitoriums (yes, that's what they're called, in all stadiums, look it up) are almost dangerously narrow. But they're both absolutely incredible parks.

See my page of reviews from when I saw a game in every MLB stadium during the summer of 2002. As you'll see, I ranked Wrigley third and Fenway fourth, beat out only by the stadiums in San Francisco and Pittsburgh. (And yes, TrainTrac, I have been to the new Busch since then. Superb park--but not on a par with those four.)

I do enjoy a nice afternoon at Fenway. Never been to Wrigley, but I know it has it's charm too! I've only been to a couple, went up to Toronto (Fenway North) to see a series with the Sox, they had some really nice BlueJays fans (both of them). I can't imagine being treated like that at ACC with a Bruins jersey on!

Bill I enjoyed your link, wish the photos were still there. Thanks

Yeah the question is about the ballpark.

Wrigley has seen more history than most other parks put together. Yet there hasnt been a world series appearance there since 1945, Be assured there has been a plethora of historic events there to make it special. Its seen a couple of NFL championships too. Nah Wrigley is above all other venues. You cant really argue the point. Sorry TJR. I guess you can say Fenway... It is a bit older. But it doesnt have an pinache' to accompany it. The Cubs home is our national pastimes' Vatican.

Busch stadium opened in 2006. The ten world series championships did not transpire there TJR. Just clarifying that for you. Cubs have a few championships too. I know that its hard for Cardinal fans to talk positively about anything relating to the Cubs. Its no different than our White Sox fans on the south side. The Sox fans are more interested in what the Cubs did than thier own team most of the time. We are used to Cub envy.

Fenway or Wrigley?

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm, Frank--You might want to check whom you're writing to. I think you meant your message to go to TrainTrac. TJR doesn't have a dog in this fight...