Wrecked ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale Carter

Reaction score
I loaned my girlfriend the Trac while I was checking her Civic out (belts, hoses, etc. etc) and she called a few hours ago to tell me she wrecked it. She is ok (the most important thing), but the Trac sounds pretty bad. It was unable to roll out of the way, coolant leaking on the road, but no airbag deployment.

I am borrowing a rollback to drive down and pick it up, pics to follow.

You can replace girlfiends too!

Im kidding, sorry to hear about the accident... nothing like that to ruin a friday :(

Im glad everyone is ok!

You can replace girlfiends too!

...and they cost less then wives do to replace. :D

Glad to hear she is OK. Theresa wrecked her Pontiac while I was in Europe a few years back. $10,000 to her car. She escaped without a scratch.

Thank goodness she wasn't in her Civic. It might have been worse.

Tom

Is that why I-5 is closed in both directions at Santa Nella? :)

Sorry to hear about the Trac, Dale... Is this the same g/f that wanted to ski at Heavenly?

Last edited by a moderator:
Krash - same girlfriend, the only girlfriend, with luck soon fiance

She is ok and the truck is not too bad. There is no frame damage, no engine damage, no airbag deployment and no apparent engine damage. their is some damage to the accessory drive on the engine and we will have to do some teardown to verify the engine is ok. The estimate is being written today and insurance is moving along well.

BTW, if you live in AL, MS or GA, I highly recommend Alfa insurance. They were Alabama Farm Bureau years ago and then broke away to become an independent company. Extremely sound financially and easy to work with on claims. My agent said the worst thing that might happen is that I lose my 10% safe driver discount, but no rate hike.

[Broken External Image]:

Glad no one was hurt Dale, and it sounds like your ST is repairable. If things don't sound right about the repairs don't compromise...get it totaled.

And oh yeah, we just fired our bassman due to his inability to commit to prescribed 1x week rehearsal...

You're welcome to come on down and fill the spot......

Thanks for the invite, chops. Don't worry about handling the repair, like I told my g/f "This is my briar patch" (to paraphrase Brear Rabbit). I have been selling insurance total losses for over 20 years and have rebuilt a lot of cars..

Latest posts