WOW what a ride

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Jolley

Reaction score
The wife is looking for a new car, she currently has an Infinity FX35 which she is very happy with and has enjoyed. She recently saw a BMW X6 on a business trip and fell in love with it. Well being a little bored today I asked her if she wanted to go check them out to which she answered... uhhh Yea!!!!

We went to the local dealer and they had a Red one ( her favorite color) sitting up front, it was the xDrive 50i. This model is a 4.4L twin turbo putting out 400HP@5500 rpm along with 450ft-lbs of torque between 1700-4500 rpms. This is a 5200lb vehicle but let me tell you this thing is unreal. Getting onto I-4 I mashed the motor and it sat me back in the seat and held me there untill I let off. This was not just a jump it was a constant push. The only thing I can say is Amazing. Getting 5200lbs from 0-60 in 5.3 seconds is alort of fun. If I could get my 4.6 to run like that I'd be tickled pink.

We also drove the xDrive 35i which is a twin turbo 6 cylinder, it is also pretty quick but not nearly as satisfying.

Jenn, it could have been we were there between 2:30 & 3:00, came up the ramp at Lee road and exited at Maitland avenue. That vehicle is really something else. Did you guys get your new boat?

jimmy, the one we test drove was decked out and the retail list was 82K.

Nelson that is true and the Lotus I'm sure screams but my facination with the x6 is that it is a 5 passenger 5200lbs vehicle that just plain hauls. I've always been one of those who beleive anyone can make a light car go fast. :D

Nope, no new boat yet. We're still deciding on what the best course of action is - new boat, then new truck or new truck, then new boat. Little things are starting to break down and need replacement on the ST, and while I'm fine fixing them, I'm also considering the costs of upkeep vs. the inevitable.

Either way, I'll look for you in your new car (if you get it). I bet my little focus can keep up for all of .05 seconds! :D

My grandfather had an old Plymouth Valiant that he liked to race Corvettes and Camaros with. The first gear on that six-cylinder Valiant was so low that he could get out front for a couple of seconds, then they hit second gear and they were gone. But the expressions on their faces for the first couple of seconds was truly priceless!:lol: