WOW - I Think I Can Hang Meat in my ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Rogers

Reaction score
Seriously, the AC in my 04 ST works great. Many that have rode in it have commented what a superb job it does, on the hottest of days, even on only the AC setting (Max AC rarely needed). Sure, I live in PA, and we haven't had THAT hot a year, yet...some mid to upper 90s, but nothing too serious.

I am not complaining. It works great.

Is that everyone elses experience? Can I expect it to get "tired" after a few years like the AC units in all my other cars have seemed to?

TJR

Tom,

I have a 2001 ST and so far my experience has been like yours - and I've lived in Florida and South Carolina where the heat index has been over a 100 degrees F at 100 percent humidity in the summer. The cab gets cool in no time at all. Couple the AC with Vent Visors (so I can crack the windows) and Magic Shades (to keep the sun out via the windshield and protect the dash), and things ain't too bad...

dale

Yup! My wife has asthma and it helps to have the a/c cranked. I just throw my winter jacket on and she's all set! :lol:

My Trac has the BEST A/C I've ever had in a vehicle. I actually have to add some warm air into the mix sometimes to make my fiancee happy.

My '03's A/C works great when I am moving down the road. However, it sure is wimpy when idling, like at a stoplight. Sometimes it gets downright warm and stuffy unless I race the engine in neutral. Otherwise, no complaints.

Ford does make good ac's. Even the ac in my wife's 97 Expedition has worked flawlessly. (knock on wood)

I wish I could be as positive, but the A/C is the only thing I dislike about my new to me 2001 ST. I've had it for 2 weeks now and it will eventually get comfortable, but not cool on hot days. I do live in Las Vegas where it's been 115 the last few days.

The A/C has been checked and they say it's operating correctly.

It won't stop me from loving it, but my 97 Bonneville will blow it away on A/C cooling.

Last edited by a moderator:
The A/C in a Trac should be good. Remember, it was designed for the '95-'01 Explorer and that had a lot more interior space to cool off. The A/C does work great in my daughter's '97 EB Explorer.

The newer Explorers have the vents in the ceiling as well as the ones in the rear console to really cool things off quickly. I drove a rental '05 Explorer XLT on vacation a few weeks ago, and the ride was great with the independent rear suspension.

I wish the a/c in my Lightning was worth a crap. Well it does cool very well when doing over 100 mph on a 110 degree day, just not very well at 500 rpm in dead stopped traffic.

It does work good....however it has trouble keepin up when its 115 out here in phoenix....gettin the windows tinted this week so that should help but it does still cool shit off

I routinely have to turn my AC down on the lowest setting and close at least 1 vent to keep from freezing and I live on the Mississippi gulf cost where it routinely exceeds 90 degrees on the coolest days. My kids have asked me to turn off the AC because they were freezing in the back seat. Defintely the best vehicle AC I have ever experienced.

The A/C and Heater are both top-notch. Only issue I have is the blast of fog that comes out to fog the windows when it is raining. I've learned to make sure the floor vents are on for a minute or two to blow out the moisture first, before turning on the other vents.

I live in New Orleans and we are in the 90's all summer which can last from March to November sometimes . My AC woks great .....of course I have tinted windows , ventvisors, & a sun shade to keep the ST a little cooler when parked.

my AC works great too today in Mohave Valley Az it was 120 but it only felt like 110 . Here in Kingman 107 but...it only feels like 100 sure glad I live in a cool place! lmao

Latest posts